Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have 1600 mile on my UE. It had its 600 mile service at a Ducati dealership and runs great!

I checked my chain at the weekend and noticed that it looked a bit tight. I checked it (it has some really tight spots and really slack spots) and at the tightest spot seemed to be about 3/4 inch or about 20mm at the tightest.

I adjusted it with no issues apart from the little washer on the small adjuster nut went a bit deformed even though I torqued it only to 10 NM per the manual (?) Also 145 NM is a lot of torque on the main wheel-nut!

Now the chain is right in-between the manual's chain guidelines.

Do you think this would have been tight enough to have caused any shaft bearing damage? Took it to a local Honda dealership to take a quick look before I changed it on sat and the young technician guy who gave it a quick look said it looked a bit slack and then moved to a tight spot and said it looked too tight but didn't think too tight to do any damage, but he didn't sound very confident.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
23 Posts
Better to be a little loose rather than tight.
My official Ducati dealer's mechanic said to follow the amount of slack recommended but don't go with the 10nm on the chain adjusters.
You will deform the c clips (washers).

If your chain has radically different tight and loose spots, check the sprocket for "out of round" and replace the chain.
It's not that expensive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts