Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there my name is Peter, I've been looking at getting a scrambler sixty2 for my first bike. I love the look of them especially the blue. There's 2 bikes I've enquirer about from dealers. Both demo models with low kms one black, one blue. The black one is about an hour drive from me and is fitted with the termigoni sports silencer which I've heard makes a difference. I like the blue more but that bike is interstate and even with transport costs and re registering the bike it's about 600 cheaper than the black but has standard exhaust. Are the termi exhausts worth paying the extra dollars even though I'm not getting my desired colour bike? As they're about 1400 here to buy separately.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hello Peter, I too am in Brisbane.
Termi? YES!!!!
I have the full system because I like high pipes and yes they cost a motsa. I assume it has the "naughty" single low exhaust rather than the road legal dual "shotgun" on the Full Throttle.
If so and you run with the db killer in, remove the vertical pin else it sounds like a veedub. Plenty of instructions out there or I can assist.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Peter, I too am in Brisbane.
Termi? YES!!!!
I have the full system because I like high pipes and yes they cost a motsa. I assume it has the "naughty" single low exhaust rather than the road legal dual "shotgun" on the Full Throttle.
If so and you run with the db killer in, remove the vertical pin else it sounds like a veedub. Plenty of instructions out there or I can assist.

Yeh it's just single exhaust. I just got back from a test ride and it was great. I'll now have to test ride one with the standard exhaust and see if I notice the difference. I can't wait to buy one!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I finally got my bike. The black sixty2. Ride home from Sunshine Coast through the hinterland, was a lot of fun.

I've always ever owned dirt bikes growing up in the country, so seeing as I'm new to road bikes and all the fancy bits and pieces I might need some help over the next few months until I get used to it. So far it's having trouble starting and idling. I have to hold it at about 4000 just so it doesn't die and have to re start it. Am I doing something wrong here?

I've also already ordered some custom parts and am off to the states Friday. So if anyone knows any bike shops along the west coast and then Boston area let me know. I'd like to check those out while I'm there.

Hopefully when I get back I can join some fellow Brisbane riders out on the road. Just hit me up.

Cheers

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well done.
Shouldn't have to start it like that I would think. Dont touch the throttle at all.
The Gap to Mt. Glorious to Samford. Weekdays only.

Tried it again this afternoon. Stalled 3 times before it would idle. I figure it's just warming up but I'm not sure if it's supposed to.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tried it again this afternoon. Stalled 3 times before it would idle. I figure it's just warming up but I'm not sure if it's supposed to.
Did you ever resolve this / if so what was up? I got a new scrambler recently and have been having similar issues, however the dealership couldn't replicate it. I'm suspecting it may be due to how when it's parked at home it's on a hill or similar, but just interested to hear about your case as it sounds similar.

Mine dies in neutral or with the clutch in on first gear until it has heated up unless I feather the throttle pretty hard, dying at the first traffic light etc. It has been pretty consistent, though didn't occur when I picked it back up from the shop, so I'm planning to just film it the next few times I try to start it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you are running standard fuel map it's probably a manifestation of lean running and cold engine. Mine did that until I did the Termi and upmap. Dealer won't admit it I expect.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts