Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All the mods were hand-fabricated, as in, I drew that during lunch on an iPad. I think I got the proportions pretty close even though it looks like an 8 year old's art.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
4 months 18 days...

Finally collected my Scrambler and concluded the long wait:

http://www.ducatiscramblerforum.com/forum/introductions/11569-deposit-paid-lancaster-pa-5.html

The 30 minute ride home took 2 hours, so that's a good sign. I hadn't ridden in almost 2 years so the school parking lot next to the dealer served as my re-training ground. Didn't take more than 5 minutes to get used to the clutch feel.

The throttle is a bit on/off in 1st/2nd when the engine is first revving, but you get used to it quickly. It's super fun to dip and weave. I didn't have the option to test drive, so I'm very happy I like the bike's handling.

And really happy I picked red. Looks fantastic.

For reference, I'm 6 foot (mostly legs) and don't think the bike is too small. It's almost identical riding position to my old Yamaha SR500. My hands started to get cold as the sun dropped, but hopefully I can still keep going with ever shorter rides for the next 6 weeks before winter lands.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts