Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Bmw unveils scrambler motorcycle concept at wheels & waves

5546 Views 12 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Sweet Tooth
BMW Scrambler Forum

Possibly posted already but thought it worth a mention just incase.

BMW Unveils Scrambler Motorcycle Concept at Wheels & Waves
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Possibly posted already but thought it worth a mention just incase.

BMW Unveils Scrambler Motorcycle Concept at Wheels & Waves
I don't know looks ugly for me too bulky
Too much going on for me, it doesn't know what it wants to be. Trying to be classic but modern at the same time, only works for the Ducati Scrambler.
I'm a huge BMW fan but to me that looks to be a real dogs breakfast, hopefully when they eventually release the real thing they'll make a better job of it.

Jerry
Reactions: 1

There is slightly too much going on for me, but I like the idea. With just a touch of editing I think that this bike would be great. I think its more so the custom work that has been done and not the fact that it is a BMW that makes me like it though.

It is a concept though, so it is supposed to have a lot of ideas in it.
See less See more
@Mixup thanks for sharing this.

It will probably turn out to be a performance bike with great road manners etc but there's way too much happening in the bottom half and it's not easy on the eyes. The Ducati offering looks like a work of art in comparision.

BTW, a possible source of inspiration for this photoshoot, seems to be this custom R65 Scrambler seen at the Wheels & Waves festival in France a few years back:

See less See more
Being just a concept, we need to see what the real deal will look like in all its variations, who knows, we might be looking to spend some money over at BMW instead ;)
@Mixup thanks for sharing this.

It will probably turn out to be a performance bike with great road manners etc but there's way too much happening in the bottom half and it's not easy on the eyes. The Ducati offering looks like a work of art in comparision.

BTW, a possible source of inspiration for this photoshoot, seems to be this custom R65 Scrambler seen at the Wheels & Waves festival in France a few years back:

Nice find outofthebox, sure it would look better without the graphics sure someone with your Photoshop skills could knock something up.

I would do it, but I'm busy!!

Will
Bmw unveils scrambler motorcycle concept at wheels & waves

There is slightly too much going on for me, but I like the idea. With just a touch of editing I think that this bike would be great. I think its more so the custom work that has been done and not the fact that it is a BMW that makes me like it though.

It is a concept though, so it is supposed to have a lot of ideas in it.

I'm a big Motorrad fan but that bike looks fat and ugly! I'll take a ducati scrambler or an RnineT any day!
Based on the R nine T it can't compete price wise.
It is as well to wide for jumping traffic I believe.
IT IS a nineT... they've even said the Scrambler is supposed to be part of the NineT family. It'll be a NineT with worse brakes, worse suspension and knobbies... WOOHOOO
Nice find outofthebox, sure it would look better without the graphics sure someone with your Photoshop skills could knock something up.

I would do it, but I'm busy!!

Will
Not my cup of tea Will. :)

Besides, my photo editing skills are very limited. But I'm sure we will get to see more iterations of this concept in the time to come.
IT IS a nineT... they've even said the Scrambler is supposed to be part of the NineT family. It'll be a NineT with worse brakes, worse suspension and knobbies... WOOHOOO
Will they charge less than the regular nineT then?
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.