Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
looks like ducati is stirring up some competition in other brands. exciting times.
>:D

New MCN April 8: BMW Scrambler secret details | MCN

Is this happening or is MCN postulating? I haven't seen a copy today.

If BMW build it, it will be awesome but it'll be a lot heavier than the Scrambler and it'll be at least £10k so not really competition for the Scrambler. That pic shows it with the old 1200 Boxer engine, no doubt twin cam so it'll have plenty of stomp.

Jerry

·
Registered
27 Posts
The salesman I bought my R nineT off recently had a private viewing of BMW's incoming Scrambler, (so it definitely exists). He was so taken with it that it's the first bike for a long time that he's going to buy himself when it's launched. (The one he looked at had a cool, dark matte paint finish).

I certainly think that Ducati have somewhat forced some of the other dealers' hands by launching the Scrambler, particularly in the light of its evident success. I'll be interested to see how Triumph respond with their Classics range...

·
Scrambler DIY Guru
979 Posts
I think they've all had their eyes on bikeexif. People have responded really well to the whole cafe/brat/bobber/scrambler custom bikes. And everyone longs for these long out-of-production bikes from almost every maker. You can almost predict which bikes each company is going to be re-imagining.

I have to say the Kawasaki H2 is nothing like the original :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.