Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Bike Show test

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Doc59 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I suck so bad at riding this bike offroad. It's amazing to see how that guy was getting the Scrambler to go. I question how well the Scrambler would live in an environment like that. Chains and sprockets would get chewed up I would think. It's super fun to watch him ride it that way though. I wonder what they had the tires inflated to?

#5 ·
"The Ducati Scrambler - an actual scrambler" - that pretty much summed it up nicely. :)

Completely OT - watching this video led me to ponder about the history of the original Ducati scrambler - does anyone here remember if it was it equally popular at launch in the US?

What circumstances led to it's downfall and eventual discontinuation 5 years down the line?

Oh and most importantly, is history likely to repeat itself?

#7 ·
I suck offroad now too, especially in sand, think its all about what you get used too, 15 yrs ago I worked in Saudi Arabia for a few years and had a KTM 250, I was happy riding on sand dunes then because rode them all the time. Nowdays, most of my riding is on the road and I stiffen up when I hit a dirt road. It's good to see what the Scrambler can actually handle when ridden by a good rider.

Silverluxe, wear would have been no worse on the bike than any other, I think a lot of people actually run dry chains on sand to stop it sticking. Tyres were probably aired down quite a bit though don't know how low you could go on tubeless before they risk leaking or turning on the rim.

Outofthebox, think the single Scrambler was actually made for around 12 years so not a bad run for back then, considering the old Italian electrics and the success of the Jap bike of the time.

I like the South African sense of humour, they and the Poms are most like the Aussie sense of humour.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.