Ducati Scrambler Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was eager to get the carbon fiber front fender so instead of going through a dealer I ordered from Pro Italia and even forked over an extra twenty for three day shipping.

Four hours later I get an email from them saying they don't have it in stock and it will take them seven to ten days to get it.

Not a big deal but still not very professional on their part. Something to think about when you order from them.

· Registered
644 Posts
I was eager to get the carbon fiber front fender so instead of going through a dealer I ordered from Pro Italia and even forked over an extra twenty for three day shipping.

Four hours later I get an email from them saying they don't have it in stock and it will take them seven to ten days to get it.

Not a big deal but still not very professional on their part. Something to think about when you order from them.
Funny you should say that. A buddy of mine had a bad experience with them last summer. I don't remember details but I remember thinking, "oh that's not very good business practice" Hopefully, it is only their parts dept that's a little off.

· Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In contrast to Pro Italia, I ordered some levers from Pazzo Racing. Prior to ordering I emailed them a question about their order form. It took them all of five minutes to email me back. Not only that but within the hour they had rectified the small error on their website. So a big thumbs up to Pazzo.

· Registered
628 Posts
I too was underwhelmed by their service recently.

I ordered a pair of Ducati shoes on 3rd of April which showed as 'In Stock' and 'Ready to ship' on their e-store. I received an auto-confirmation mail instantly. Kept waiting for item despatched mail and there were no signs of it.

Finally I wrote to them on 20th April asking about my order. The order shipment mail mysteriously appeared one day later on 21st April, with no apologies or explanation for the delay!

Reactions: ralph

· Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I too was underwhelmed by their service recently.

I ordered a pair of Ducati shoes on 3rd of April which showed as 'In Stock' and 'Ready to ship' on their e-store. I received an auto-confirmation mail instantly. Kept waiting for item despatched mail and there were no signs of it.

Finally I wrote to them on 20th April asking about my order. The order shipment mail mysteriously appeared one day later on 21st April, with no apologies or explanation for the delay!
Wow, you've got a lot of patience!

Is it anything other than outright fraud to claim to be able to deliver something immediately, take that person's money and then say "nope we don't really have it, but we'll get back to you when we do"?

· Registered
628 Posts
I suspect in my case the order 'slipped through the nets' because they did ship it quickly once I reminded them about it. That said, it reflects poorly on them that they let it happen in the first happen.

That's one reason I try to order as many things as possible from eBay and Amazon, they are kind enough to provide a simple order management system for the customer so it's easy to keep track of one's orders.

This very same issue is the biggest drawback of one off e-retailers - their brick & mortar version might work flawlessly but it takes great efforts and the right tools to transfer that excellence onto an e-retailing system.

Reactions: silverluxe

· Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your case does sound like a slip-up and mine may be too, but intentional or not they both at least show incompetence on their part. Let's see if anyone else chimes in on Pro Italia.

I agree about Amazon though, they are the gold standard in e-commerce.

· Registered
179 Posts
I was close to ordering some parts for my scrambler from them last week but decided to email them to confirm they were in stock - lucky I did as they replied saying they are pre-order for June shipments!

· Registered
174 Posts
I ordered from Proitalia a windscreen and bellypan. I received the same email 7-10 days. I waited a week and emailed as to when they were coming. The bellypan they responded that it was delayed till the end of the month. I sent another email and two days ago. The bellypan is delayed another two weeks. I canceled my order for the bellypan and had them ship the windscreen. Unless you contact them it seems. That they feel it necessary to tell you what is happening.
I'm ordering from Evotech once they are back in stock. My dealer wasnt much better no word on my seat or bars yet. It sounds like a Ducati problem keeping up with production

· Scrambler DIY Guru
979 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I know exactly what it's like to feel impatient, especially now that a lot of us have gotten used to Amazon Prime. Your e-store needs to be able to tell me (accurately) if the item is in stock and ready to ship. Showing it as in-stock when it's not and playing dumb is basically bait-and-switch behavior in 2015.

Last year when I got my BMW airhead I was surprised how many of the noteworthy online parts sellers refuse to take paypal or credit card as payment. Check or money order only. I complained about it and a bunch of people told me that I was being unreasonable because these are just small businesses. I've become too spoiled by what is possible from GOOD e-tail businesses. My helmet I bought this week from Revzilla was here at my house, safe and sound 3 days after I paid for it. That's just normal now to me. If people can't make it happen, I don't want to float them cash up front.

· Registered
126 Posts
Me too,

I ordered Classic saddle bags which the site said were in stock and ready to send, then this,

Dear Greg,

Your order #xxxxxxxx is now On Hold.
This item is expected to be released from Ducati in the beginning of June. Is this wait time okay for you?
If you have any questions, please feel free to email [email protected] or call us at 818 658-7040.

Price is good but annoying that the stock is not available,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.