Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I need some info about the classic front fender. I understand it is made of two different parts, a black one that takes place on the fork, and the silver mud guard itself. I have a few questions about this specific part:
- can anybody post some detailed pictures of how it attaches to the fork?
- can you dismount the silver part from the black part to have one painted and not the other?
- can you fit a classic front fender on an icon fork without any mods (and without it being a pain)?

Thanks for your help guys!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Its actually 3 parts

2 mounting brackets that locate on the Fork lower stanctions (Black) and the brushed Aluminium top fender mounts to the brackets.

The Icon / FT / Classic are interchangeable as they mount from the forks.

The UE - also fits - but mounts from under the Triple Clamps

The attachment to the forks is 2 Allen Screws on each side

In the Classic each bracket is attached with 2 screws to the fork and then 2 screws through the fender to each bracket - so a total of 8 screws.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Simon Audi

So I should be able to mount a classic fender on my Icon, but get the aluminium mudguard painted or covered, right?

Any idea if I can buy just the front part instead of the whole kit including the back?

·
Registered
599 Posts
ALL fenders on ALL models are completely interchangeable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
I believe you can buy the spares for the classic and this would probably be cheaper

If you buy the kit - you actually have to buy 2 kits - not 1 - the one kit is the Brushed aluminium front and rear fender, the other kit is the mounting brackets and frames.

I bought both kits to fit classic rear fender to my Icon - I left the Icon front fender as was - as I liked the red - just wanted extra protection and a dash of Aluminium at the back.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for you various replies, it's much appreciated.

Actually Simon, I'm gonna do the exact opposite of what you did: keep the rear of the icon and switch the front for the classic. That means, obviously, that if you were to sell the front part you're not using, I'd be happy to buy it from you!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi

Someone else also asked me before about selling it - but I prefer to hold on to it - just incase in the future I decide to try the full classic look or put the bike back standard and than sell full kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts