Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am glad that this is first thread in the Asian section. I am from Bahrain and hoping to get an Urban Enduro :D
Dont feel shy updating this thread :x

·
Registered
449 Posts
I am glad that this is first thread in the Asian section. I am from Bahrain and hoping to get an Urban Enduro :D
Dont feel shy updating this thread :x
Not from Asia but did just want to welcome you to the site, feel free to play with the rest of us as well :D;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello all !

Jess from Singapore.
Been off bikes for quite a while and slowly making the transition back.
Love bikes and bought a Vespa GTS 300 Super in January this year just to get a feel of riding again.
Guess it's time to bite the bullet and start riding bikes again.
Plan to get an Urban Enduro next month.
I guess the passion still remains and burns deeply in me.
Glad to be a member here.
Ride safe always .
Take care.:)

·
Registered
889 Posts
Jess from Singapore.
Been off bikes for quite a while and slowly making the transition back.
Love bikes and bought a Vespa GTS 300 Super in January this year just to get a feel of riding again.
Guess it's time to bite the bullet and start riding bikes again.
Plan to get an Urban Enduro next month.
I guess the passion still remains and burns deeply in me.
Glad to be a member here.
Ride safe always .
Take care.:)
Great time to decide to get back into bikes, that's one thing i've noticed about the scrambler, bringing folks back out and serving a real need in the market.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Great to meet you here @Saffie and @Bounty320i. I was based in Singapore for the longest time and TW200 was my weapon of choice those days. I ride a Red Icon in New Delhi these days.

Hoping to read your riding experiences and see some pics of your UE soon.

:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Great to meet you here @Saffie and @Bounty320i. I was based in Singapore for the longest time and TW200 was my weapon of choice those days. I ride a Red Icon in New Delhi these days.

Thanks for welcoming us here.
From what I have read throughout this forum, great bunch of guy's all round.
Will post pics as soon as I collect my bike.
Please do the same and share yours at Delhi.
Ride safe always my friend.:)

·
Registered
70 Posts
We have a group in Hanoi. If you ever find yourselves over here during weekend, let me know and we can arrange a trip together.

·
Registered
95 Posts

The TW200. Cracking little bike. I lived in Tokyo between 1989 and late 1992. So many couriers used to ride them in Tokyo. I always wished they'd done a 250 version ... or even a 350 for other markets.

I split my time between southwest Portugal and Chiang Rai in northern Thailand. If these bikes prove to be reliable over the coming year or so, I will buy one. I'm just trying to overcome a long held Ducati phobia. Having said that, one of my two bikes in Portugal is a Buell Ulysses. I expect to start seeing a lot of Scramblers in Thailand.

·
Registered
628 Posts
The TW200. Cracking little bike. I lived in Tokyo between 1989 and late 1992. So many couriers used to ride them in Tokyo. I always wished they'd done a 250 version ... or even a 350 for other markets.

I split my time between southwest Portugal and Chiang Rai in northern Thailand. If these bikes prove to be reliable over the coming year or so, I will buy one. I'm just trying to overcome a long held Ducati phobia. Having said that, one of my two bikes in Portugal is a Buell Ulysses. I expect to start seeing a lot of Scramblers in Thailand.
Portugal and Chiang Rai is such an exotic combination. Ideal locations for the Scrambler. I say go for it.

Singapore does follow the Japanese bike licensing system and those days I had a Class 2B bike license - good enough only for bikes up to TW 200. But it was a hoot and a half to ride. Lots of fond memories riding it. Several bikes later, I still do miss it at times.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Portugal and Chiang Rai is such an exotic combination. Ideal locations for the Scrambler. I say go for it.

Singapore does follow the Japanese bike licensing system and those days I had a Class 2B bike license - good enough only for bikes up to TW 200. But it was a hoot and a half to ride. Lots of fond memories riding it. Several bikes later, I still do miss it at times.
I have always wanted a TW to knock around on locally, but the 125 is the one you see in Portugal, when you do actually see them, that is. Van Vans are more common.

Singapore and India sound exotic to me. I have an apartment in Portugal where I run a Suzuki B-King on a daily basis. The Ulysses is still on GB plates and needs re-registering before I can legally use it. I may sell it, though as I plan to have Chiang Rai as a base for at least seven months a year. I'll kick off with a Honda CRF250L, but if I feel the need for more power, I'll get the Scrambler Full Throttle.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts