Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never ridden a bike with high mounted exhaust pipes but I imagine they get pretty hot. I am a little nervous of touching them while riding and getting a nice burn. Won't the high mounted pipes also make carrying a passenger far less comfortable?

·
Registered
418 Posts
What design are you basing it off of?

Are you riding with no pants?

I don't think I've ever ridden a Ducati didn't wasn't hot but it's not burn your skin hot. Just uncomfortable hot. As long as you are moving its not a problem.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'll probably ride in jeans mostly.

Wouldn't the high exhaust pipe be right in the way of the passengers legs though?

·
Registered
418 Posts
I don't know what design you are basing your judgement off of

This is a real scrambler.. The exhaust pipes aren't even that high. I also don't think its built for passengers because I don't see any pegs.

Same deal with the jvb concept

·
Registered
449 Posts
I don't know what design you are basing your judgement off of

This is a real scrambler.. The exhaust pipes aren't even that high. I also don't think its built for passengers because I don't see any pegs.

Same deal with the jvb concept

I think he was looking at the Triumph Scrambler

high pipes are actually a very big look with classic scramblers and classic bikes in general

But yea like you said exhaustleak the orginal Ducati scramblers didnt come with high pipes

I dont know if a modern Ducati Scrambler would even have high pipes, its never really been in their repertoire..

·
Registered
889 Posts
I think he was looking at the Triumph Scrambler

high pipes are actually a very big look with classic scramblers and classic bikes in general

But yea like you said exhaustleak the orginal Ducati scramblers didnt come with high pipes

I dont know if a modern Ducati Scrambler would even have high pipes, its never really been in their repertoire..
even a lower mounted exhaust with a clean design would be great and suit the whole scrambler theme like the last bike.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Ducati does the best undertail exhausts... ;)

I would be disappointed though if the scrambler showed up with an undertail
it won't be that much of a disappointment but if they can do it in a way that still has a classic flow to it, it won't be that bad, it might even be a hit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts