14K views 24 replies 21 participants last post by  Handlebar 
#1 ·
According to the user manual:

If the turn indicator is not reset manually, the
instrument panel will automatically switch it off after
the motorcycle has travelled 500 m (0.3 miles) from
when the turn indicator was activated. The counter
for the distance travelled for automatic deactivation
is only activated at speeds below 80 km/h (50 mph).

So far I haven't seen mine auto cancel.... can anyone confirm that this is indeed working?

#3 ·
I'd been wondering the same thing, but haven't yet seen the turn indicator turn off automatically (regardless of how long you leave them blinking). Weird that the manual says they do. We'll see what the dealer says. I'm due for my first service in a bit.

#6 ·
Yes it works. But you have to travel 500 metres AND stay below 80KPH or 50MPH. The distance is too long if you're in town and the speed is too low if you're out of town. So it's frigging pointless. Why there is a speed trigger to stay below defies all logic. ....Oh....wait a minute....it's a Scrambler!

#10 ·
It's such a simple thing to do from a manufacturer's POV. I don't get why all bikes wouldn't have this feature in our modern day of electronic assists. The best way to look like a dork on your new bike is to drive around with your signal on because you're not checking your dash (and shouldn't really because you should be looking at the road!).

#13 ·
The turn signal on this bike ARE self canceling - it just takes a while (1/3 of a mile at under 50 mph).

#18 ·
It seems that if the tech is baked in then there should be a way to change the variables once the unit is hacked and the bike is outside warranty. It amazes me that a company like HD does this on all their bikes (and I might add that it works quite well) yet Ducati is still in the stone age with it. It is the one single thing I miss about my previous Sportster.

#19 ·
The HD method is much cruder - albeit more effective - it just monitors the flasher relay.

#20 ·
I'm not sure I'd want them any shorter. If you rely on them and for some reason they don't self cancel the results could be horrific, I'll stick to taking responsibility for switching them off myself thanks. I'm a big believer in all of the tech that's coming along, I think it's bloody marvellous, but there's some that just doesn't belong on a bike and unless you could give me a cast iron guaranty that self cancelling indicators will work, every time, in the road space required, I wouldn't want it.

Jerry

#21 ·
Agreed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#25 ·
If this is something that could be reprogrammed, eliminating the speed variable and changing the distance to around 50-100 yards would make allot of sense. Possibly better than distance would be if it cancelled after noticing a reduction in speed and then an increase in speed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.