Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a K&N air filter make the scrambler happy?

I have an akrapovic exhaust no cat.
Any info would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
In my opinion it can't hurt. Usually the upgraded air filters are good for increasing induction sound, but in terms of performance its hard to notice as the rider. Because you have no CAT (and no tune?) the increased flow from this air filter will aid to get air in, like how removing the CAT helps get air out. However, I am doubtful this is the solution to making your bike 'happy.'

I have the Termi Race exhaust set up on my Icon which came with a tune. I can tell you that the combination of the 'race CAT' and the ECU tune helped tremendously in making my bike 'happy.' I think maybe a throttle tamer will help you, if that is where you feel the bike is struggling.

Im going to buy one of these filters, cant hurt!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no tune done, the bike runs great! But if this will make the engine's life longer then maybe I should get it

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have no tune done, the bike runs great! But if this will make the engine's life longer then maybe I should get it

Ah, sorry I misunderstood you a bit. I thought you were referencing 'happy' as in the engine roughness or throttle response.

I think the air filter is a good choice in addition to your Akra exhaust!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have one with an SC Project Exhaust. I also got an ECU remap done afterwards.

If you're going to do the exhaust, you might as well do the intake as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the input guys, I think I will install it.. cant hurt ( i hope)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sometimes filters not only K&N increase intake airflow but trust me that you won't notice the difference and especially when it's related to the K&N there are a lot of problems and by increasing your intake airflow you can minimize your car power. I also wanted to buy a K&N filter and I started to look through the internet to find if it's good or not and I came across a post on Damage Control-911 where was said about the ozone generators I interested in this product and started to search for new information and then I found out that they are better than any other air filters but have their nuances, but even with all this I will buy one of this, there are more pros than cons.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts