Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
StandOver

Boost, thanks for review. As someone else whose 5'6" and their legs are so short their ass drags the ground, I was concerned about standover height. I had planned on getting a Bonnie until I saw the Duc, but the standover had me a bit weary on the Bonnie. I have about a 28" inseam, on standover how are your feet? Both touching? Tippy-toe, ball, flat? Also I have heard you can adjust the Duc's suspension on your own, have you done so? I'm just trying to figure out where I might be when mine arrives in May and whether I'll have to play with the suspension. Thanks

·
Registered
217 Posts
Pacman - Good question and kind of tough to explain, really. There's no doubting that my nineT is a top-notch bike with a serious amount of road presence and torque by the barrel load. Aesthetically speaking, I think it's a beautiful looking machine too. (As indeed, is the Scrambler).

The Scrambler is just so 'flickable' and manoeuvrable though - being lighter than the BMW and with a more relaxed seating position with wider bars, I find it easier to drop the Scrambler from one side to the other into turns. I can ride the Scrambler quicker through the twisties than I can the nineT. (that would reverse on faster, more open roads, however...)

I guess the bottom line is, the Scrambler is just so much fun to ride...(just wish the exhaust sounded as good as the BMW does stock).

Boost.
Yeah--The R9T stock exhaust sounds incredible. Thanks & have fun!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thank you for the post. I am an avid Triumph America rider who wants to go off road and this is exactly what I wanted to hear. Happy riding :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Boost, thanks for this nice review!
Im from Mexico, im owner of a 2009 Buell XB12SS and a couple of big VTwins HD's.
Im looking for a All Purpouse Bike, the scrambler looks great for my Daily ride to work and a fun offroad weekend.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Recondite - I don't think you're going to need to lower the bike at all. My inseam's only about an inch more than your's and I can just about flat-foot the bike with both feet. You'll certainly be able to get the balls of both feet down at once and with one foot down, you'll definitely be able to get it flat. Plus, the bike's so light that it's fairly effortless to hold up.

Harlero - I think the Scrambler will fit your purposes very well, (you've got some nice bikes there, btw).

Linux - my 1st bike was a T100 - I've got very fond memories of that bike and I still think they're a seriously fine-looking machine, (did you see the modified T100's used by David Beckham and his mates in his road-trip documentary?) I think you'll be very surprised when you get to ride the Scrambler - I've found the weight difference to be extraordinary - that subsequently makes it far more agile and easier to ride briskly.

Nash - you won't be disappointed, I'm sure...

Pacman - I'll try to get a decent photo of the two bikes together... In the meantime, here they are side-by-side...

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
Recondite - I don't think you're going to need to lower the bike at all. My inseam's only about an inch more than your's and I can just about flat-foot the bike with both feet. You'll certainly be able to get the balls of both feet down at once and with one foot down, you'll definitely be able to get it flat. Plus, the bike's so light that it's fairly effortless to hold up.
Thnx Boost — Went to my dealer yesterday and they had brought in an original Scrambler due to the inquiries on fit. According to the dealer the two are similar in reach and height. The fit was nice and I was able to get an idea of what some tracker bars would be like.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow! That picture is exactly the opposite of what I expected--is it perspective, or is the scrambler actually a bit larger!?
I am amazed at this pic too. The RnineT fits me well at the dealer and my only concern with the Scrambler is that it may be a bit small.

·
Registered
33 Posts
....................... I took her along the Macclesfield to Buxton road last week, with a mate of mine on his Street Triple. I was taking it easy but he was struggling to keep up! ............................................................. Nipping past cars is effortless, especially in comparison with the Bonneville .......................................

Boost.
I understand completely in the comparison to the Bonnie (I have a T 100, now with a sidecar rig on it... but I have ridden it as a 2-wheeler).

I used to have a Street Triple R...the thing was like it was connected to my nervous system. I find the idea of a Streety not being able to keep with a Scrambler kind of far-fetched (assuming equally talented riders).

But since I no longer have the Streety & will soon have a Scrambler, I will be very pleasantly surprised if you are correct in that comparison.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I understand completely in the comparison to the Bonnie (I have a T 100, now with a sidecar rig on it... but I have ridden it as a 2-wheeler).

I used to have a Street Triple R...the thing was like it was connected to my nervous system. I find the idea of a Streety not being able to keep with a Scrambler kind of far-fetched (assuming equally talented riders).

But since I no longer have the Streety & will soon have a Scrambler, I will be very pleasantly surprised if you are correct in that comparison.
Maybe his friend was keeping to the 50mph speed limit on the Cat & Fiddle road ... ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wow! That picture is exactly the opposite of what I expected--is it perspective, or is the scrambler actually a bit larger!?
"Wow!" Was the first thing i muttered when i saw the Scrambler live. It's much larger and broader then the images make it out to be. The front and tank are easily comparable with the monster in size, only the seat is much lower. I'm 6 foot 2" tall and it really didn't feel small at all only low because i got used to my tall enduros/adventure bikes. I too was worried that it's going to be too small but seeing it in person removed any worries i had. It's now even harder to wait for the delivery :crying:

·
Registered
889 Posts
"Wow!" Was the first thing i muttered when i saw the Scrambler live. It's much larger and broader then the images make it out to be. The front and tank are easily comparable with the monster in size, only the seat is much lower. I'm 6 foot 2" tall and it really didn't feel small at all only low because i got used to my tall enduros/adventure bikes. I too was worried that it's going to be too small but seeing it in person removed any worries i had. It's now even harder to wait for the delivery :crying:
That's what i noticed as well, in pictures it doesn't seem to 'pop' as much but in person that sure is the case, from a distance it does welll at standing out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mmmm..."ok at 6'1""...

....at 194cm/ 6'4" what can I expect?

I have my name down for the Enduro and I am kinda imagining it will be too small but hoping that it is going to work somehow.

I will be looking out - in hope - for pics of long people looking "ok" on scramblers!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts