Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
2016 DUCATI SCRAMBLER ICON
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello from Chicago-land, Illinois. Recently purchased a 2016 Ducati Scrambler Icon with 4,800 on the clock,,,,,test drove it 1 mile, bought it same day and now bike is in dealer heated winter storage,,,,,while in storage, completed 3 basic upgrades I felt were needed;
1/Replaced the uncomfortable stock seat w a British Customs Corsa Moto diamond stitch brown seat that just from sitting on it, I can tell it is gonna give me a more comfortable riding experience. {shown in attached photos} Cost me $450 delivered for the complete seat. To buy, go to; www.britishcustoms.com Click on 'MODEL' at top, then click; 'DUCATI SCRAMBLER' . Comes in both 'COMPLETE SEATS' & in 'KITS'
2/Had my dealer wrap my pipes with 'DEI TITANIUM 2" WIDE EXHAUST HEAT WRAP' {not shown in attached photos} After all the reviewer complaints regarding excessive exhaust pipe/header heat during traffic stops in hot weather, I had to do it. To buy a roll, go to: www.designengineering.com Costs $80 delivered for a 2" wide by 50' roll,,,,,,,you don't want to run out of wrap mid job,,,,,forget about saving $30-$40 and buying it on amazon,,,,,,,,,unless u want a counterfeit roll of worthless junk wrap from you know where?????? They are actually using FAKE DEI photos and ad copy,,,,,,,Same issues w fake Purell hand sanitizer being sold on amazon,,,,,buyer beware.
3/Didn't like the feel/vibration from the stock grips, so did the quick fix by slipping on a pair of foam grip puppies; problem solved.

From reading the posts on this forum, I notice owners do literally hundreds of other mods & upgrades to these Duc scramblers than I've listed here and that's how it should be; everybody likes different stuff,,,,,,,,cheers,,,,,,so that brings me to my 'thread-title-inquiry' which is; 'Where can I find/buy some wide highway anti-tip over type front bars', not just engine crash guard bars, to help protect my legs in a slow speed slide hope never happens?' Obviously, even though I've seen inaccurate ad claims by a few sellers, engine guards will NOT protect legs from burns/injuries during a slow speed slide,,,,,rather, they help protect the ENGINE from damage if the bike goes dn,,,,,,, BTW, I'm just doing street & road riding. And no, don't do sharp cornering, extreme leans into turns, so not too worried about scrapping the bars on the pavement. If anyone has purchased something like I'm describing herein, knows someone who did, or knows a web site where I could find them on, please include a link to click on to take me there. I need 'turn-key' exact fit bolt on/screw on bars w brackets/hardware included, where no cutting, ect. is required. BTW, any Duc scrambler owners residing in my Chicago area, hope to hear from you anyway; as I'm looking for one or more persons who 'own their own ducati scramblers' to ride along with, as our riding season could begin as early as mid-March to April, here,,,,,,

Twist them grips,,,,,,,,(y)

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not too many choices out there, as far as engine guards. I have not seen any that wide. I put these from GIVI: TN7407 ENGINE GUARDS.

17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not too many choices out there, as far as engine guards. I have not seen any that wide. I put these from GIVI: TN7407 ENGINE GUARDS.
Thanks for reply,,,,,since u already have them on your duc scrambler, please issue an opinion; "Should a tip over &/or a slow speed crash type slide occur, will your 'ENGINE GUARDS' on your bike offer even limited protection from one of your legs being crushed, injured or burned? Yes or No?

I did google searches; no 'EXACT FIT' hwy/crash front bars are showing up that do MORE than just protect the engine from damage in a crash, or slide dn on the pavement. With the Desert Sled model being used so much off road, one would believe the aftermarket sellers would offer something wider to protest a rider's legs for those off road riders who drop their bikes plenty,,,,,,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here is my experience, same I heard from others. I did drop bikes a couple of times at low speeds. Last fall, on a mountain road, at a stop sign on a hill, with handle bars turned left I did apply front brakes hard when I saw a fast approaching car too late. The bike dropped on the left side in a blink of an eye. However, my foot/leg came out from under the bike - it's an instinct. There was no time to think. It just happens naturally. Never hurt my foot when dropping a bike. Wrist - yes. Always had engine guards on my bikes, though.

17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok,,,,that answers my question,,,,,did a search; nothing being sold i know of to suit my intentions; would have to have a metal shop create custom bars,,,,,can't afford that so i'll just slow dn and watch for crazy cage drivers, trucks and the like,,,,,even wild turkeys,,,,,,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts