Left Front Fork disassembly questions - Andreani cartridge install - Page 2 - Ducati Scrambler Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-03-2016, 03:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincelp View Post
Which tool is included ? The tube with four sprongs to unscrew the top of the inner tube ? Or the tool to unscrew the inner tube from the stub ? Or both ?
This is the kit as delivered. I outlined the tool in red.

Urban Enduro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 01:12 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Ok cool. So basically you get everything you need to disassemble except for that stupid grub screw. What were they thinking!? Regardless, it's gotta be done. The suspension is just too harsh from the factory to live with.

What size drill bit did you use to drill out the grub screw?

For those that had it done, where did you take it and what did they charge if you don't mind saying?

Thx.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 05:25 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrambrane View Post
This is the kit as delivered. I outlined the tool in red.
I got the same kit but it came without the tool. I wondered what the extra space in the packing was for
Preuling likes this.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-13-2016, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Hello

OK, so, this tool is used to unscrew the screw at the top of the inner tube (see pic below). But, you get no tool to dismount the inner tube from the fork stub, after drilling the grub screw. It seems that the inner tube is screwed in the fork tube and you need a tool to hold the inner tube while you unscrew it.

VinceLP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-14-2016, 03:22 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Garage
The inner tube is screwed into the Stub and fixed with glue and that famous grub screw.
Clamp the stub in a vice and heat up the stub (eg with hot air gun). Take care not to damage the inner tube when unscrewing it. After assembly (you better use glue again) you may want to repaint the stub black.

Scrambling offroad is 3D
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Anyone who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 05:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
It sounds like they supply the tool for screwing the cartridge into the fork leg, after you have fitted the threaded base plate. I made mine from a length of 30mm OD, 2mm wall tube. It looks like this -

To unscrew the top fitment out of the tube I just used a pair of long nosed pliers in opposite holes. It came out really easily and looks like this -

You will still need some sort of tool to unscrew the tube from the fork bottom. I was lent a tool he had made from a UK owner. This is it -

The peg on the inside locates in one of the holes in the fork tube. You need another bar, not shown, to give you 2 hands to apply pressure with.

This is all of the OEM gubbins -
Can you remove just the springs from both forks with the forks still attached to the bike - removing handle bars etc ?
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-29-2018, 03:43 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Once you have removed the fork caps and unscrewed the metal cap in the RH leg probably yes. The damper rod in the LH leg will want to fall down inside the fork leg so you may need to attach a wire to it to hold it. You'll also have to make sure that the bike is well supported with the weight off the front wheel because the suspension will collapse when you undo the fork caps. I would take the forks off the bike to change the springs.

2015 Scrambler Classic
2017 Supersport 937
1994 907ie
1982 Pantah 500SL

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page