Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

What did you do to your Ducati Scrambler today?

378K views 681 replies 180 participants last post by  noobmoto 
#1 ·
Share what you did today with the Scrambler community!

Example: I took her out of the garage and gave her a nice bath and followed up with a coat of wax.

Example: Finaly received my Termingnoni exhaust, going to spend sometime with the install.

Anything goes....

#212 ·
I have no idea if it is just for the UK or if the dealer pays for them. I do know that some dealers in UK got these several months back and gave them out with the bike. I asked my dealer about em and he said he would keep one for me once they are in. It is all up in the air what comes with the Scrambler depending on dealer or country is all I can say.

What your dealer say?

#215 · (Edited)
Lets see, been busy...
New owners here, just turned a week old... another test ride victim.

Upon the not so urgent but happy to fulfill requests of my misses...
I've blacked out all but one of the far too many Ducati logos on this bike, covered the frame stickers with black vinyl wrap, installed a dart screen (in anticipation of some camping adventures), rerouted the brake and throttle cables, cleaned up the handlebars electrical cables, removed evap canister.
I also installed a 44T rear sprocket (my idea, again in anticipation of longer rides), and most importantly took the shock and exhaust off in eager anticipation if an Ohlins and Termi race exhaust that's coming in the morning. :)
Belly pan and bags I installed the first day, for the surprise reveal.
This is my ladies bike, I just get to pay for it, work on it and if I'm lucky, I get to ride it occasionally. Really looking forward to hearing and feeling the big upgrades. (for her of course)

First time Ducati owner here and I gotta say, not much is logical when wrenching on this bike.
Didn't even know a week ago we'd have a Scrambler in the garage, was a total surprise for her. (and me)
I tend to do things with great passion and jump in all the way... my credit cards are hurting bad.
Thanks to this great forum the Italian learning curve has been much easier. ( I know, there's another forum but I already am active in too many forums to bother with two of the same) ;)

Thanks for everyones contributions, I hope I can add to the pool of Scrambler experience soon enough!

Cleaned up handlebars:

#216 ·
My first ride to work today. Left home and it was a pleasant 15 degrees (Celsius) and slightly cloudy. Forecast said there was a slim chance of rain, and the radar showed "very light" showers ahead, and it looked like they would pass.
They didn't and I had my first ride in the wet. I took it very carefully on the new tyres so can't report how it handles in the wet. My bike jeans are now sitting on my computer (under my desk) using the heat to dry out!
My poor new bike will now need a wash!

#217 ·
I took my scrambler on a local dealership organized group ride Sunday. Well over 30 riders showed up. It was pretty fun and I met a lot of nice people. It wasn't much of a test of man or machine however since there was a group leader who set the pace, but there were definitely a few who were dying to let loose, myself included.

A couple of people came up to me after the ride to comment on the scrambler. A guy on a street triple noted how fast the scrambler was. Another rider said he was surprised to see how quickly the scrambler pulled out of the corners with its low end torque.

I also met a fellow yellow icon owner. He said that he switched the front sprocket to a 14 tooth one and he really liked the improvement. He also said he had ordered a suspension package from ken@sbsuspension. I should find out next week sometime how that turns out.

I talked to a salesman who said that the scrambler is currently ducati's top seller and that the red icon was #1 . I would have thought the yellow icon would be at the top but I guess either people want to save that $100 or they just like ducati red better.

#220 ·
I cleaned and lubed my chain. I needed an adjustment. I did not have a big enough socket so I used a crescent wrench to get the size. I then measured that and converted it to mm from inches. The rear axle nut is 30 mm in case anyone is interested.

I then went to Sears and bought a socket and a large breaker bar. At the register my Sears card would not work. The associate called the credit department and I found out that someone had hacked my account. I paid for my tools and went home. I immediately went online and tried to get into my account. I do everything online and they only send monthly statements when you have a balance. As someone changed everything I never got any emails. After a bunch of pecking and a beer I was able to reset my account and get into it to see what was going on. Once I had the info I called them. I went thru the menu where most of the options were "here are ways to pay us you deadbeat scumbag". I finally got an option to talk to someone. I got to enter a whole bunch of data to verify who I was and then I got a recording that said hold for the next available person and then a recording that said they had closed for the day.

I then went out to the garage and adjusted my chain. That was straight forward and I didn't have any issues.

Now my options are have a second beer or jump on the bike and head for the hills.

Too late in the day for a long ride so a short ride it is.

#233 ·
I put a shorai in my last two bikes. Good battery and great cranking power if you live in colder regions it does take a little longer to start in the morning. The trick is to turn the ignition on and let it sit for 30 seconds. Then start but if your not riding in anything below 45f not to worry.
The weight saving is incredible on these batteries. I plan to replace mine on the scrambler eventually. My Drz battery was so tiny the guy grabbed the box when it came in. He made sure there was something in the box.

#239 ·
Added a pair of aftermarket pazzo levers. I thought this is an easy swap until I saw that the tail brake light was illuminated all the time. This is because there is a tiny hole in the front brake lever system which actuates the switch. This switch when pressed turns off the brake light and vice versa. So when you press the brake lever the switch is no longer pressed and this turns the brake light on. The front and rear brake activate the same switch or need the same switch to be set correctly.

If you intend to do this and are a little careless like me that part can be lost very very easily. Its cylindrical in shape and black in color. Since its not a good idea to burn out my tail brake light I asked the dealer to order a replacement. Strange thing is even they weren't sure what part this was although I could see it in some of the scramblers on the shop floor.

That part along with the bracket which holds the switch costs 20$. That's a little steep for such a small part but essential I guess.

Anyway, if you plan on switching the levers then watch for this part, if you don't believe me, observe the front lever on your bike closely, pressing the brake will help, might take a couple of times.

For the time being I had to put a little piece of wood to prevent the brake light from being on all the time.

#242 ·
New parts fitted onto my Enduro: FT bars, Scrambler tank protector strip, Evotech tail tidy, Scrambler tail bag. Also stripped off reflectors and frame stickers. Scrambler tank bag arrives tomorrow, then I may be done for a while. Exhaust eventually if I can decide on a preference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.