LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Question Italia Bar End Bolt Size

The bar end bolt (right mirror) for my Italia is bent. I went to a service place today and they couldn't find a part number because the bolt appears to be included with the bar end mirror set, or at least that was our conclusion.

So I went to Lowe's, checked the bar end bolt with their thread checking placard, found to fit M8x1.25. They didn't have the exact same button head bolt, but still had a hex wrench bolt that would fit.

Without installing, I checked the new bolt with the bar end expandable nut thingy, only to see that it threads only 1/3 of the way before resistance, while the original bolt threads just about all the way.

Does anyone know, for a fact, what the bar end bolt spec is?
Should there be considerably more resistance while threading the new bolt?
Even though the old bolt easily threads into an M8x1.25 nut AND the bar end nut, is it possible it's not actually M8x1.25, though M8x1.00 would not thread at all?
Visually, I can' tell, but is the bar end nut one of those "out- of-round" type retention nuts that prevents loosening and the reason the new bolt sees resistance 1/3 of the way?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 10:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm guessing you're keeping the stock mirrors? What help I can offer is that I've replaced those with CRG Arrow bar end mirrors and their respective adapters. Here's a link to the adapters and there's some info there on screw size etc...I'm honestly not sure this will help at all but just in the off chance it does, I decided to reply to this post. Good luck with figuring it out.

https://fortnine.ca/en/crg-billet-in...mirror-adapter

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page