Front rotor warping? - Page 3 - Ducati Scrambler Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Update: After several telephone calls with Ducati North America (DNA) no luck. My dealer contacted DNA directly by email and after three days my dealer tells me that they have received no reply either! Imagine that, DNA won't even contact their own dealer to discuss the issue. As much as I truly enjoy riding the Scrambler at this point I will never buy another Ducati given their lack of customer service responsiveness. The no contact is far worse than the possible negative information, not that I won't be livid if they do nothing. Oh well, at least the weather here still sucks so no real riding available anyway. Had planned on taking the Scrambler down to the Dragon in a couple weeks but at this point I'm leaning heavily toward my 87 VFR 400R - you know, the 30 year old bike with no brake rotor issues on the original rotors. Maybe I'll take the Scrambler as well so I can park it on the trailer with DUCATI CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS signs on it for the 900 mile trip down and 900 miles back. I could even take some pictures along the way to post on the Ducati Scrambler owners Facebook page. I'll update again when there is more no responses to post up about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
More update: just got off the phone with Scott at DNA (only took three calls today but he just happened to answer the phone near their closing time). He was quick to begin the litany of "rotors are not a warranty item"... and I cut him short, told him that I was well aware of the party line on the issue but that since these issues are being reported by owners world wide they had a serious problem with quality...blah blah blah. It was only after I indicated that if necessary I would have the PR firm that works with my practice begin a PR campaign of only truthful information such as number of calls, names of people I spoke with and the total lack of reply/response as well as placing Ducati Customer Service Sucks signs on my Scrambler for each of the 900 mile legs of my upcoming trip to the Smokey Mtns did he begin to be the least bit responsive. Even then he wanted to delay anything until "the data and information was provided to Italy and they were able to respond"....whereupon I reminded him that with email and telephones communication with Italy was able to occur in milliseconds so no delay was necessary for that to occur and in fact in my estimation this whole issue could have been resolved in one trip to the dealer, confirmation of the issue and then DNA or Italy saying - Go ahead and replace. I am at this point promised a return call from DNA tomorrow 4/29/2016. We'll see if that happens and if it does if they have anything of value to say or it is just, "We're here to help" (which has already been said to me and my reply on that was "Then do something to help". Stay tuned.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I felt that I should post up some recent thoughts on this whole debacle. What started out as a minor issue and inconvenience of a pulsing front brake lever, progressing to a shuddering front end and lever during braking has progressed to a complete disaster simply as the result of Ducati and DNA failing to respond in a timely and meaningful fashion to a customer with a complaint. Had they just responded with a "take it to the dealer, have the techs examine it and we'll see what can be done" instead of the absolute lack of communication, or the telephone call from Italy with the repetition over and over of "Its not a warranty item followed with "we called because we wanted to make you feel better" together with DNA not responding to my call(s) until they became incessant (3 - 4 in one day with increasingly irate and pushy messaging from me) and then my needing to stop their reps from just repeating the "party line" over and over about how there was no warranty coverage for such issues instead of indicating right up front that they had a "good will" replacement program and that they would try to find a solution, then the situation would have stayed a minor annoyance. Instead by ignoring the problem, the customer complaints with the apparent hope that I would just go away my dissatisfaction with Ducati, DNA and ultimately the Ducati brand grew to the point where it is now. If every there was a case study in how to drive away a customer this process is it. I wish I was still a young guy working on my Masters Degree in Administration so I could use the entire situation as a case study and my thesis for that Masters Degree. We'll see if anything comes from the DNA rep Scott's promise that they would call me back today, 4/29/16. Given their performance so far I'm not very hopeful. But then again.........

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Any updates? I started riding my wife's Full Throttle to work last week so it could get some use. At 26 months old - out of warranty - it has less than 2100 miles. The front rotor is REALLY warped, my commute is four miles and never gets above 40mph. The rotors probably never even reach operating temp. I'm going to get the front end in the air and check the run-out this weekend.

My Local Group -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 Full Throttle
2008 KTM 990 Adventure
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Carl,

I have not had any issues with the rotor that Ducati finally replaced. If it develops again I will buy an aftermarket rotor. Good luck.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page