post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs View Post
Good. I'd be bummed if ducatiscramblerunofficial stopped adding to my Instagram feed (your recent post gave it away)
Hehehe good catch!!! I'm glad you like the feed...

Berkin

Scrambler Full Throttle
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Instagram:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I have both and they are totally different bikes...one is fast and can get you in trouble the other is more of the cruising type
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	imagejpeg_0.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	252.3 KB
ID:	19641  
Berkin likes this.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-17-2016, 09:40 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tburman View Post
I rode the hypermotard for a couple of weeks before ordering my scrambler, which is about 30% cheaper where I am, which was a key consideration. I still have it available to me when I want it (though I do not own it). Some thoughts:

They're both the same wet weight but the hyper carries all of it much higher. Im 5'9" and I can just about get the balls of my feet down. This makes u-turns troublesome and u-turns on slopes treacherous.

You can just get on the Scrambler and go. Like a scooter. I need to switch on mentally for the hyper.

The Hyper is far more powerful and prefers to be ridden aggressively. That said, it doesn't shudder as much as the Scrambler at low city speeds. Riding modes are very useful and the traction control makes an idiot like me look like a hero.

Scrambler toasts your chestnuts, motard doesn't.

Hyper has far superior stock suspension. I can just ride through most anything on that bike, while I pick my lines around the smallest road imperfections on the Scrambler.

You'll have more tyre choice with the Hyper. My dealer quoted over $600 for the MT60 set. I'm going to Metzeler once these wear out.

The simplicity of the Scrambler is under-appreciated. I serviced both bikes together. Scrambler rode out. Hyper's ECU update disabled the throttle (it just idles now). Been waiting weeks for Italy to send some parts while the bike lies there.

Neither bike has wind protection but there's still more wind blast on the scrambler. It's ridiculous.

Scrambler engine looks prettier. Hyper is a large black slab from the right side. But now I'm just nitpicking.

If k were you, I'd probably go with the Hypermotard and maybe get a Strada seat (much lower). The electronics package is very nice and it has that scary feel that I occasionally enjoy in my bikes, which you can choose to switch away from.

Tushar

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for this info. I'm thinking of upgrading to a Hypermotard 939 as I find the Scrambler a bit small at 6'2" (1.88m) and I am often scraping my toes on roundabouts and sharp corners in town.
My dealer has a 5 month old 939 HM with full Termi that is very tempting. Shame they offered a risible trade-in on my 14 month old Icon.

Scrambler Icon
Lotus Elise
Ibis Mojo
Rocket Giotto

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-19-2016, 03:13 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
As I'm in the same boat, it is funny to see this tread popping out now,
so I feel less alone to be pissed by the Scrambler after a while (10'000km here),

My new bike --->

L

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page