4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2019 upgrades: Worth waiting/Money?

Howdy folks, first post noob. Iíve pretty much decided to buy a Scrambler, with the caveat that I havenít sat on/ridden one yet. Unless Iím shocked by something when testing, Iíll be buying soon. This brings the question of which one to buy?

Iím looking pretty hard at the 2018 Mach 2.0 and the 2019 Full Throttle. Iíd also consider the Icon, but donít mind paying a little more for a cool paint job and a couple of extras.

Iím friendly with a sales guy at a local dealer. They have a 2018 Mach 2.0 that I can pick up just over cost. That said, there isnít a huge markup on these things so that only saves me about $800 over a 2019 Full Throttle at MSRP. Iím about equal on each as far as looks and features, but $800 is an ÷hlins shock with some leftover..

So how much better do you expect the suspension, headlight, instruments and hydraulic clutch to be?

Really Iím not likely to leave the suspension stock anyway..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 10:37 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
wish I could add something but I am in the same position get a reduced deal in a 2018 icon or mach 2 or wait for the 2019 icon
309 likes this.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 11:29 PM

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 01:34 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I think the whole deal itself needs to make sense. If you cannot get the old model significantly cheaper, then there is just no reason to not get the new one. Or get a slightly used 2015-2018 scrambler, which will save you a lot of $$. Other than that, the new one is a better bike for sure, hydraulic clutch, corner ABS, gear indicator, whatnot. It's all about what you get for your money, not that the new bike will in any way make the old one less good.
Karlo likes this.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-27-2019, 11:47 PM

Garage
I'm assuming the 2018 model is a runout model or new old stock?

If so probably not a bad proposition if you prefer the aesthetics of it, better still if you can talk him down another few hundred.

They'll have to get rid of it sooner or later to make way for new stock & still effectively a new bike with warranty etc.
Karlo likes this.

2017 Scrambler Desert Sled
2015 Yamaha WR250F
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 09:02 PM

Come down to value for your money. Unless the floor model is significantly discounted to reflect current street value. I’d suggest buying the newer model regardless. A one year old models street value even if its still on the dealers lot. Will not be discounted enough to make up for the current street price
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 09:16 PM

I have the 2018 and I do honestly love the bike but the 2019 has the gear indicator , fuel guage etc .. they fixed a lot of what the 2018 was lacking . With that being said there still is something special about the 2018 and it’s simplicity. It’s a very nice naked bike without any bells or whistles . It’s just a motorcycle!! Super fun to ride ! You can’t go wrong either way in my opinion. Just get a Ducati scrambler and you’ll truly have a blast . Money well spent
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 10:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Newb question. Am also looking to buy a Ducati Scrambler. I rode about 8 years ago when I had a vintage 1984 Ducati Pantah 500. Close to the weight- but more top heavy.

I know the 2019 Icon gets the fuel gauge and gear light. These have been carried across to all models? Classic / Full Throttle?

Is the Sixty2 worth for a slightly lower weight for New York city use? Or should I get a 800 model?

sam
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Scrambler View Post
Newb question. Am also looking to buy a Ducati Scrambler. I rode about 8 years ago when I had a vintage 1984 Ducati Pantah 500. Close to the weight- but more top heavy.

I know the 2019 Icon gets the fuel gauge and gear light. These have been carried across to all models? Classic / Full Throttle?

Is the Sixty2 worth for a slightly lower weight for New York city use? Or should I get a 800 model?

sam
not only icon get these upgrades for now and second get a 800 model cc and money ratio is better
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 11:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks. Thats what many have been saying in forums. I see the weight difference is quite small.

User Tag List