A fender elim kit that does not include tail lights? - Ducati Scrambler Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 01:52 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
A fender elim kit that does not include tail lights?

I've been hunting around for a fender eliminator kit that does not include turn signals, but I can't find any. I want to get an integrated tail light to keep the look clean, but I also want to dump the swingarm on my Full Throttle.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 08:40 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiatus View Post
I've been hunting around for a fender eliminator kit that does not include turn signals, but I can't find any. I want to get an integrated tail light to keep the look clean, but I also want to dump the swingarm on my Full Throttle.
I fabbed up my own bracket that bolts in front of the rear tire. I'm unsure of all the Scramblers have the same exact bolts I used, but I know we all share a very similar frame, so I feel the bolts will be there. I unbolted the factory plate light and re-routed the wire from on the swing arm to under the cover by the battery. If I wanted to, I could return the bike to 100% stock, which is what I wanted, AND I didn't have to touch the factory turn signals, which I like anyway.

Here is a picture for reference. If you're honestly interested, I've thought of possibly making these and selling them for like $30 or so.

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
I fabbed up my own bracket that bolts in front of the rear tire. I'm unsure of all the Scramblers have the same exact bolts I used, but I know we all share a very similar frame, so I feel the bolts will be there. I unbolted the factory plate light and re-routed the wire from on the swing arm to under the cover by the battery. If I wanted to, I could return the bike to 100% stock, which is what I wanted, AND I didn't have to touch the factory turn signals, which I like anyway.

Here is a picture for reference. If you're honestly interested, I've thought of possibly making these and selling them for like $30 or so.

Wow, that actually looks awesome! Yeah, something like that will be perfect. I'll check my bike tomorrow and see if it has the same bolts as your cafe racer. If it does, I'm most certainly interested!

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Excuse the dirt all over my bike, haven't had time to wash him yet. I don't know if our bolts are in the same place or not, but it looks close? There might be a slight difference between the 2017 and 2019 models.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0947.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	44195  
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 10:19 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Excuse the dirt all over my bike, haven't had time to wash him yet. I don't know if our bolts are in the same place or not, but it looks close? There might be a slight difference between the 2017 and 2019 models.
Those upper most bolts look to be in the exact same place as mine. If you don't mind, measure the distance between the center of the 2. That will help me design the bracket.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 07:39 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Here’s a link to a product that does exactly what you’re looking for. I installed in my 2019 CR but it will work with other models unsung the same configuration unlike the enduro. It’s also a reversible bracket and very well made: https://brktbrkt.com/collections/scr...ail-tidy-short
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
Those upper most bolts look to be in the exact same place as mine. If you don't mind, measure the distance between the center of the 2. That will help me design the bracket.
Its about 7.5 inches in-between the bolts.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaFJ08 View Post
Hereís a link to a product that does exactly what youíre looking for. I installed in my 2019 CR but it will work with other models unsung the same configuration unlike the enduro. Itís also a reversible bracket and very well made: https://brktbrkt.com/collections/scr...ail-tidy-short
Oh, that looks like a good option too, although figuring out where to put the light on the plate (I think it's illegal without it) seems like it might be difficult.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 05:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Evotech - available on Amazon. I put it on my Desert Sled and like it.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 05:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TATE View Post
Evotech - available on Amazon. I put it on my Desert Sled and like it.

Here's a picture. I used the included license plate light and used a solid metal plate for the license plate holder. It's very solid.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ducati tail 2.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	44197  

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page