Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Grips are uncomfortable so....

30K views 39 replies 25 participants last post by  brrider 
#1 ·
#34 ·
How funny, I just tried the Magura grips on my Scrambler yesterday.

I had in stock waiting for installation on my Beemer scrambler project, and I think they will be perfect on the Ducati...plus, they're Italian!

#10 ·
I've only had my bike a few days and I'm thinking you might be right, I do a lot of motocross and I think they are almost identical to the ones I use which to be honest shouldn't be on a road bike as its not the same style of riding.

I have the Urban Enduro and does anyone know if they are the same across all the models?

#15 ·
I like the BMW Magura grips because they grab well so you don't have to have such a tight grip (strength) to maintain a solid grip on the throttle. I'm already used to the Scrambler grips. I wear moto cross gloves if it's warm out, so it's a winning combo for me, but the Magura grips from vintage 70s BMWs are more grabby.

#27 ·
They may be more heavy-duty looking than you like, but I've yet to find anything more comfortable than the Oury Road grips; super soft and grabby, fill my hand just right so I never feel like I'm making an effort. You can usually find them for a bit under $10 if you shop around.

Sarah

#32 ·
They have a conical wedge the screw engages so what seemed to work was to loosen the bolt until almost out then give it a few taps to push the conical plug in. Then I took a piece of wood on the edge of the plug and tapped it with a hammer and it came out easily. I wouldn't use a screwdriver as it will mar things

#40 ·
Just installed the Ducati factory Flat Track grips, and the throttle is now a lot smoother than with the stock grips, almost "too light", but maybe this is because the grip is smooth and relatively skinny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.