Rear flat tyre | any good repair centre in Sydney Northern beaches? - Ducati Scrambler Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question Rear flat tyre | any good repair centre in Sydney Northern beaches?

Hi guys,
Just woke up this morning with a rear flat tyre on my Enduro
Where can I bring it to be fixed in Sydney Northern beaches as my bike is currently in Manly?
I don t want to bring it to Ducati as they told me they would replace the tire even if it is a small puncture...and it costs $400. Ouch. Tire has only 2,000kms therefore brand new.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 06:12 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Mine had 300km on it and had to be replaced but was only about $300. 3 40mm screws, one in the sidewall...Bloody builders....
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 05:46 PM

Actually, you mention it is an Urban Enduro...so spoked wheels and tubed tyres then? I suspect any sensible workshop will plug the hole and replace the tube no problem provided it is only a hole and not a tear.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 04:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've never plugged the hole, kind of irrelevant with a tube, only a tear as you say would be issue, meanie would patch tube (done it loads).
If you were near I'd show you how to fix yourself but really isn't hard, if you can take wheel out you can fit an inner tube
Only tools you'll need are tyre levers, you can use another bikes sidestand as bead breaker.
Rim protectors prob wise but not essential

Well worth learning how cos next time might be in woop woop

Bet there's loads of youtube vids but if you have any mates with dirt bikes they should be able to help you for a beer or three. Punctures trail riding normal, most learn quickly
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 04:21 AM

Yeah I've done it on trailbikes but having ridden on the Scrambler tyre almost flat (tubeless mode) I'd say the sidewalls are quite rigid...not sure I'd want to do it outside a workshop. Another reason I don't consider it an off road bike but that's just my opinion and plenty of people disagree.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 04:45 AM

Obviously you can fit any tyres you like the feel of, sizes permitting, beauty of spoked wheels is you can change rim size too
But we changed tyres on ours recently, didn't notice OE tyres were any stiffer than PR3's I put on, certainly nowhere near as hard to do as a knobby with heavy duty tube + two rimlocks
Actually tubes are quite thick, was a bit surprised, much heavier than Michelin tubes , could've lost a bit of weight there, we're never going to run them low enough to get pinch flats.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 06:00 AM

Ah well fair enough then just my impressions but if you've done it then I'll recant. I went tubeless because I got sick of "insta-flats" and the $2k I saved getting the Icon. The spokes do look better too but I have 2 "real" Triumphs that I can patch tubes on if I need. My experience with the 3 screws and still be able to get home sort of validated that choice. Replacing the tyre at 300km hurt though.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 07:58 AM

Clear this one up for anyone
"Tubed"rims on this bike are proper tubeliss, double beaded, exactly the same when flat as cast wheel,seal spokes and you don't need tube if that's an issue.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page