127Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 191 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 08:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stones View Post

I work with a few in the target demo and to say they are nonpulsed is an understatement. Granted they may not be in motorbike people, but regardless its a question of money, and the money would rather be spent on reds and dinner

Does this thread look like the marketing is working?
All I know is that demand is currently outstripping supply.

Perhaps they should produce a 'pipe and slippers' version for us old 'uns!

PhilB likes this.

The best things in life aren't free ™
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 191 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 09:25 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I'd suggest the target demographic for the marketing are not the beautiful people we see in the adverts, rather it is people who wish they were them...(even if we'd rather not admit it...) Hence the gap in ages between the 'models' and the actual purchasers...
...and to answer the question as to whether the campaign works...absolutely it does, even if we may say we hate it...
post #23 of 191 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 01:50 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
48 (just!), female and the Scrambler FT will be my second Ducati. Started riding dirt bikes when I was 16. Past bikes: GPX250, ZX6R, Gladius, Street Triple, Iron 883, 48.

Currently have a 2014 696 which I've blinged up and I love. Will never get rid of her. Such an easy and fun bike to ride. Husband rides an 899 Panigale and a MV Agusta Brutale.

Saw the Scrambler and instantly fell in love with the FT.

As I'm short, it's all about seat height for me. Have a bit of a dodgy back now too so the days of riding supersports are out.

Do I *need* another bike? Nope.

Do I *want* a Scrambler (and can reach the ground on one)? Hells yes.

Kids are older and doing their own thing. We work hard for our money and bikes are what we choose to spend it on.
Robert Rear, Mixup, janie and 3 others like this.

post #24 of 191 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 03:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I'm the same Mandi. At 52 do I really need a new bike? No! Do I want a scrambler? Oh yeh!
I have just started riding motorbikes about 4 months ago for something new to learn and now have become hooked. I currently have a Ninja 300 which is the bike I purchased to learn on. It's a fun and easy bike to ride but just isn't the style of bike that suits me. As soon as I saw the scrambler, I thought, this is the bike I want as a keeper. I don't even think I will need or want to customize it. I like them just the way they are. A simple looking machine. I just need to add the surfboard rack.
I haven't placed a deposit down on the Classic, which is, at this stage, my favorite. I keep changing my mind every time I see a new photo of an Icon and FT. I'm going to wait until I see them in the flesh, then decide.
PhilB likes this.

Last edited by Kitersi; 01-01-2015 at 03:41 AM.
post #25 of 191 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 01:05 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitersi View Post
I don't even think I will need or want to customize it. I like them just the way they are.
Famous last words!

When I bought my Monster I said "I like it stock, I'm not going to do any mods apart from Termis". Yeahhhh... I'm at about $3000 worth of stuff (monster art, carbon, Rizoma goodies) for her and still going.

Having said that, my Full Throttle comes pretty much out of the box as I want it. The only thing I want to add is the little headlight grille thing (doesn't stop me thumbing through the accessories catalogue constantly though!)
post #26 of 191 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 08:23 AM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandi View Post
Famous last words!

When I bought my Monster I said "I like it stock, I'm not going to do any mods apart from Termis". Yeahhhh... I'm at about $3000 worth of stuff (monster art, carbon, Rizoma goodies) for her and still going.

Having said that, my Full Throttle comes pretty much out of the box as I want it. The only thing I want to add is the little headlight grille thing (doesn't stop me thumbing through the accessories catalogue constantly though!)
You will not stop there, Belly pan, fly screen, sliders clock bezel etc
mandi likes this.
post #27 of 191 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 08:46 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Sadly, I think your right Mandi. This is going to get expensive. We may just fall under the Ducati accessories marketing spell.
mandi likes this.
post #28 of 191 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 12:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
62. I had an original scrambler in 1968. I rode it for 2 years until a VW Bus ran out in front of me and I hit it at 40mph. Actually, since the VW was more or less a tin can, it absorbed most of the shock and I wasn't hurt, but it was the end of my scrambler. When I saw the new one come out i bolted to the local dealer and put down a deposit. Reliving my teen years I guess.
chilira likes this.
post #29 of 191 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 12:51 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
I'm 21.

My first bike was the cbf125 which was awesome to throw around and even did a light tour on it (North Yorkshire down to London and back, a 500 mile round trip.) the only gripes were the horrific cheap tires that inspired no confidence, but I didn't have it long enough to change them.
My second and current bike is my beloved Suzuki sv650s. To say its 10 years old and been ragged, it's in awesome condition. It's used weekly to do a similar 450 round trip each week, all year, and it takes all that's thrown at it.
I'm not gonna lie to you all, I am the target audience this campaign is aimed at, check shirts and all. The only reason my beard isn't big is work! Hopefully by the time I get my red icon, I won't have to do the massive commute but I think it would be capable if the sv can do it. I was in the process of saving for an 899 for next year but the marketing on this got me hooked and whilst I'm *young and wild*, I'd probably be worse off on the panigale. The biggest draw in was the customisation options of the bike to truly make it yours, which will still cost less than the panigale.
chilira and PhilB like this.
post #30 of 191 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Garage
I'm 46. I've been riding since age 8. Started with mini-bikes, then dirt bikes (Yamaha YZ80), then road bikes (Kawasaki LTD), then Harleys (Low Riders). My dad had a 1970s AMF-Harley Scrambler (puke, I know). But I've always like the enduro/scrambler concept. I'm returning to motorcycling since going on a 5-year hiatus. No more Harleys for me (market saturation among other reasons). I kicked around getting a vintage Honda or Yamaha scrambler UNTIL I saw the Ducati pro-types. As a middle-aged rider, THIS is the bike I've been searching for!!! Can't wait until my Icon arrives this spring!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page