Welcome to DucatiScramblerForum.com - please post an introduction! - Page 3 - Ducati Scrambler Forum
 64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 233 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 09:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiHero View Post
Hey guys,
I've got an 1199 and have been following the Scrambler's introduction since the day it was rumored Ducati could be producing one. I've treated my Panigale(s) as do-it-all bikes, but once I saw the Scrambler I couldn't help but think of all the endless possibilities.

Saw my first one at WDW and got a little more exposure at Deus in Venice beach. Looking forward to my first ride on one....
Yes I would imagine an around the USA/World ride being much easier on the Scrambler than the Panigale. But would you be famous for that? Nope

Ride Reports and Gallery ? AntiHero

Hope you get one and post pic's of it in really odd places only you could dream up in your blog. I hear the Arctic Circle is a cool place to visit during the summer.

Current Bikes
2000 Ducati 996S - Track days are the fountain of youth
2015 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle - Born the same year as me according to the gas cap
2012 KTM 350 EXC-F - BRAP woods bike
2014 HD Breakout - putt putt
2014 Honda GROM - Pit bike mayhem
2015 HD Road Glide - couch with boom box
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 233 (permalink) Old 02-06-2015, 07:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
scrambler man

hi all just joined , new icon coming in march , cheers , .
post #23 of 233 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 12:15 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatirdr View Post
Yes I would imagine an around the USA/World ride being much easier on the Scrambler than the Panigale. But would you be famous for that? Nope

Ride Reports and Gallery ? AntiHero

Hope you get one and post pic's of it in really odd places only you could dream up in your blog. I hear the Arctic Circle is a cool place to visit during the summer.
Arctic Circle on a Scrambler....SOLD! Once I'm back from Europe it'll be Fall, 2015 most likely. Now THAT would make for a good story.

Round the World on a Panigale:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Personal website:

post #24 of 233 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 07:40 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
Welcome Nillus

Still nice conditions over there in Apri/lMay, are you in the city? Did you order from Frasers.

Will
Howdy Mixup,
Yes I did order from Frasers. I said I'd buy it subject to a favourable test ride. Judging by the reviews I don't really need to LoL. Weather will be great in April/May in Sydney town; it's best during the change of seasons. I live on the lower north shore, 10 mins from the city centre.
Nillus.
post #25 of 233 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 03:47 AM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nillus View Post
Howdy Mixup,
Yes I did order from Frasers. I said I'd buy it subject to a favourable test ride. Judging by the reviews I don't really need to LoL. Weather will be great in April/May in Sydney town; it's best during the change of seasons. I live on the lower north shore, 10 mins from the city centre.
Nillus.
Morning Nillus

Think your right regarding the test ride it has positive reviews all round. I also ordered mine and not bothered for a test ride, mine a classic is due to arrive april/may.

Well I love the north shore, love to live there myself. my boy now lives in Rose Bay and my cousin lives in Crows Nest.

I think the scrambler will be a great commuter bike and you may end up riding in to work if your in the CBD.

Well you never know might see you riding around if you have your bike for March as I'm over late March/April.

Take care,

Will
post #26 of 233 (permalink) Old 02-08-2015, 10:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Newbie but not new to Ducati. Will be having my dealers yellow icon demo when they sell on.
Antihero good to see you on here!
post #27 of 233 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 10:15 PM

Hi,

I'm from Australia, have been riding for a few years, started with a Vespa 200, then a Vespa 300, did 17000k's on her in 2013, I decided to upgrade to a"real" bike because I want to do more touring and there are some limitations on the Vespa, so bought a 1992 Suzuki 250 just to get my manual bike wings.

Am waiting, not so patiently for the Scrambler to arrive here. Fancy the Classic, but might change my mind when I see the Icon in the flesh.

post #28 of 233 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornton View Post
Hi,

I'm from Australia, have been riding for a few years, started with a Vespa 200, then a Vespa 300, did 17000k's on her in 2013, I decided to upgrade to a"real" bike because I want to do more touring and there are some limitations on the Vespa, so bought a 1992 Suzuki 250 just to get my manual bike wings.

Am waiting, not so patiently for the Scrambler to arrive here. Fancy the Classic, but might change my mind when I see the Icon in the flesh.

Welcome Thornton,

Guess your nearest dealer is in Sydney a couple of hours away. you probably know this but there panniers for the scrambler to assist in your touring.

I chose the Classic as I love the spocked wheels.

Good luck
post #29 of 233 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
Welcome Thornton,

Guess your nearest dealer is in Sydney a couple of hours away. you probably know this but there panniers for the scrambler to assist in your touring.

I chose the Classic as I love the spocked wheels.

Good luck

Hi Mixup, no we have a Frasers dealer just up the road. No too far and a free bus link from where I live to close to the dealership.

Was talking to someone tonight who does motorcycle reviews, she hasn't reviewed the Scrambler but her boss did (The Bear in the latest Motorcylist magazine). Her comment was that everyone is raving about the Scrambler and they seem to be faultless. Hmm.
post #30 of 233 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornton View Post
Hi Mixup, no we have a Frasers dealer just up the road. No too far and a free bus link from where I live to close to the dealership.

Was talking to someone tonight who does motorcycle reviews, she hasn't reviewed the Scrambler but her boss did (The Bear in the latest Motorcylist magazine). Her comment was that everyone is raving about the Scrambler and they seem to be faultless. Hmm.
Hi Thornton Pleased your dealership is close by and will look up the Bears review.

My Classic is due to be delivered while I'm in Sydney late march love to be in Sydney but looking forwards to seeing my bike!!

Recon I will look in at the Ducati dealerships whilst I'm there.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page