Insurance in the UK - Page 2 - Ducati Scrambler Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-10-2015, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Insurance in the UK

Any tips on NCB? Mine is against my other bike so does this mean I start at 0 for my Scrambler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 09:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamone View Post
Any tips on NCB? Mine is against my other bike so does this mean I start at 0 for my Scrambler?

As far as I know, if you have a second policy you start at zero ncb for that bike as you can't use your ncb from the other policy, unless someone knows better? I'm in the same predicament, the Scrambler will be my second bike (other is a Monster 1100 Evo) and so I am presuming I will have to take a second policy starting fresh. A couple of years ago I had two bikes, and as others have said, it was no cheaper to have a multi bike policy (in fact I recall it was quite a bit more expensive)
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 10:03 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Same here - zero NCB on the Scrambler. I hate insurance lol

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
most insurers will put zero ncb on any new bike (if you still retaining your old one). However, some insurers will let your NCB bonus go over to any additional bikes.

In my case I got rid of my old bike and had 2 years NCB that is now applied to my scrambler.

Call up insurers, as they always seem to offer better rates than what I can find when putting in details online.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I found MCE gave a good deal on a five bike policy. Included a BMW s1000rr , a vertemati 570se, harley custom , ducati 1198 and BSA bantham 175.
All for around £500 .
Might be worth a go?
Jerry Winder likes this.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 05:56 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I had complete mare with insurance

I had my 1100 Griso insured with Just Motorcycle but they refused to insure the Scrambler at all on the policy i had running! They then quoted me around £450 to move to another insurer.

That meant loosing 10.5 months of no claims and starting again! I wasn't happy lol
I've ended up with Devitt at around £240 but then I commute and sometimes take pillion.

The bike I have owned longest is a classic and doesn't accrue any NCB.

I should have four years NCB on modern bikes but I only have two as this is the second time I've upgraded bike and lost almost a full years NCB because the current insurer wouldn't allow me to change bike. I'm 54 and have held a full licence for 32 yrs

Also the insurers seem to list the srambler as a 'sport bike' which probably costs us more?
Pete
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-06-2015, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
I currently have my MTS1200 and the 907ie insured with Principal Insurance. It is due for renewal on the 14th, about the same time I hope to have the Classic. My renewal with them will be £183.70 plus a further £125 to cover the Classic, making a total of £308.70
However I'm going to change back to Ducati Insurance, who I was previously insured with, who will cover all three bikes for £268.60 - £40 cheaper.
Thats for comprehensive cover with 9+ years protected NCD, £250 excess. Helmet and clothing are covered but no breakdown which I have separately.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page