8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 06:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Scrambler in the twisties

I kept hitting the rev limiter because I was testing a half helmet and the wind noise was so loud I couldn't hear the engine.

I tried Vdub's deshake plug-in but I obviously need some practice with it. The video was actually worse before though.

GoPro is the leading action camera and it has no image stabilization. Neither optical nor digital. Pathetic.

Karlo and Phil McAvity like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 06:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Jaysus son! How bout a little rev matching on yer downshifts!?
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satansfist View Post
Jaysus son! How bout a little rev matching on yer downshifts!?
Please direct me to the video of your superior skill, kid.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-26-2016, 08:40 AM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Man! That looks like fun. I don't hear any wind noise from the camera. how do you do it? Good video.
ralph likes this.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Please direct me to the video of your superior skill, kid.
Hey, thanks for calling me kid, doesn't happen that much at 46 years of age! Been riding since I was 15 but sorry to disappoint with the lack of videos, I don't have the time to try and impress subscribers on my YouTube channel...
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 04:04 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Hey, thanks for calling me kid, doesn't happen that much at 46 years of age! Been riding since I was 15 but sorry to disappoint with the lack of videos, I don't have the time to try and impress subscribers on my YouTube channel...
Huh, I would have guessed a teenager considering you call yourself SatansFist and you use the word son as a pejorative. I can't say I'm surprised by your inability to produce anything to backup your alleged riding expertise though.

And BTW, I had no reason to rev match even once in that entire video. The only time I rev match is when I am braking hard and downshifting into first or second to prevent wheel hop or loss of traction. The only time I was in first and second was at the stop sign. I use downshifting to aid me in slowing down. Bliping the throttle would only impede that effort. Take that first tight turn for example. I go from 114 mph to 63 mph when I enter that 90 degree turn in about 5 seconds. I downshift into 5th and then 4th in those 5 seconds (without rev matching) in order to use engine braking to help slow me down. I also want to be in 4th gear when I enter the turn at 60+. In the rest of the video I also use engine braking to help slow me down and since I am usually in 4th or 5th gear I don't need to match revs for traction reasons. If you want to make the argument that rev matching is helping prolong the bike, go ahead and blip all you like, I couldn't care less. But my lack of rev matching did not affect the performance of my ride in any way whatsoever. If you want to continue to be a dick and jump into threads just to make wise-ass remarks, I'm sure you can do better.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 07:50 AM

Well well, little touchy huh?

Satansfist is the name of a character from a favourite book I read growing up: Samahdi Sheol Satansfist. I have no idea what the word son would sound like being used pejoratively, it's used as a form of address for someone unknown or anonymous, like buddy, chief, bloke, cobber, mate...bad association on your part?

I haven't "produced" any evidence as I work for 6 or months a year in the desert, my bikes remain at home. I haven't even seen my Scrambler in the flesh yet. Give me another 2 months and I'll whip something up for you though.

I literally watched 10 seconds of your vid. My first post was meant in a jocular way, rev-match, don't rev-match, I could give a fukk, I don't know you, we'll never meet, it's a throw away line. I'm surprised you've survived the internet thus far without growing a thicker skin or a sense of humour.

I have noticed this forum contains a lot of back patting and "Great bike!" posts, seems everyone is afraid of upsetting someone else, I don't know if it's because most are on a bike for the first time or have bought into the "Land of Joy" guff sold along with the Scrambler?

Who knows? Who cares? Not me really.

Quote:
Huh, I would have guessed a teenager considering you call yourself SatansFist and you use the word son as a pejorative. I can't say I'm surprised by your inability to produce anything to backup your alleged riding expertise though.

And BTW, I had no reason to rev match even once in that entire video. The only time I rev match is when I am braking hard and downshifting into first or second to prevent wheel hop or loss of traction. The only time I was in first and second was at the stop sign. I use downshifting to aid me in slowing down. Bliping the throttle would only impede that effort. Take that first tight turn for example. I go from 114 mph to 63 mph when I enter that 90 degree turn in about 5 seconds. I downshift into 5th and then 4th in those 5 seconds (without rev matching) in order to use engine braking to help slow me down. I also want to be in 4th gear when I enter the turn at 60+. In the rest of the video I also use engine braking to help slow me down and since I am usually in 4th or 5th gear I don't need to match revs for traction reasons. If you want to make the argument that rev matching is helping prolong the bike, go ahead and blip all you like, I couldn't care less. But my lack of rev matching did not affect the performance of my ride in any way whatsoever. If you want to continue to be a dick and jump into threads just to make wise-ass remarks, I'm sure you can do better.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I have noticed this forum contains a lot of back patting and "Great bike!" posts, seems everyone is afraid of upsetting someone else, I don't know if it's because most are on a bike for the first time or have bought into the "Land of Joy" guff sold along with the Scrambler?

Who knows? Who cares? Not me really.
It's simple. Nearly everyone who posts here is polite, friendly and respectful while posters like you with your "throw away lines" are thankfully the exception.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 09:58 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
It's simple. Nearly everyone who posts here is polite, friendly and respectful while posters like you with your "throw away lines" are thankfully the exception.
You're too sensitive to own a Ducati Scrambler. All of my friends call mine a "girl bike" as I am pulling away from them.

Ci sono gatti nella mia camera da letto!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 11:08 PM

Location: Portland, Texas(across the bay from Corpus Christi)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Garage
Nfm

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page