Mugello vs mustang seat - Ducati Scrambler Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By kwaichang
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2016, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Mugello vs mustang seat

Hi there,

I can't decide between the mugello "flat" ribbed seat and the mustang seat. Does anyone here have any experience with both? I'm wondering which one is more comfortable, i know i will need the frame covers if i get the mugello, will i need to modify the bike's frame in order to fit them?

Thanks in advance for any

Mugello here:

info

With side covers installed




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cabritozavala is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2016, 05:20 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I cannot speak to the Mustang seats. I have a diamond pattern flat/thin mugello seat and I do love it, BUT it is not 'soft'. It doesn't really have much give or offer cushy padding. The Ribbed seats that you posted visually appear 'softer' to me but I do not know if that is the case. My impression is that mugello can be very accommodating to additional requests like a gel pad etc.. if softness or cushion was specifically a big issue for you. To me, the shape of the pan and foam is a significant improvement to the feel of the original ducati seat either way. I'm thinking of ordering another version of the seat from mugello just for fun to mix things up. The ribbed design is quite nice but they keep showing more and more variety on their Facebook page... lot's of options there.

Someone else will have to chime in with their Mustang seat impressions.

good luck

Urban Enduro
scrambrane is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2016, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrambrane View Post
I cannot speak to the Mustang seats. I have a diamond pattern flat/thin mugello seat and I do love it, BUT it is not 'soft'. It doesn't really have much give or offer cushy padding. The Ribbed seats that you posted visually appear 'softer' to me but I do not know if that is the case. My impression is that mugello can be very accommodating to additional requests like a gel pad etc.. if softness or cushion was specifically a big issue for you. To me, the shape of the pan and foam is a significant improvement to the feel of the original ducati seat either way. I'm thinking of ordering another version of the seat from mugello just for fun to mix things up. The ribbed design is quite nice but they keep showing more and more variety on their Facebook page... lot's of options there.

Someone else will have to chime in with their Mustang seat impressions.

good luck


Thanks so much for the info!
I don't think softness is an issue, i'm more concerned about riding position, right now i'm being forced to sit right up against the tank, with hills here in SF that gets old pretty fast.
It sounds like a good option for me though, i may give them a try

Thanks



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cabritozavala is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-03-2016, 03:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
I'm torn on this one. I live in Thailand so you'd think it would be a natural choice to go with Mugello considering that with shipping and import tax I'd be paying nearly double for the Mustang compared to the Mugello seat.

But when I visited the Mugello shop a bit over a month ago, I saw the seats in person and none really matched what I wanted and I didn't quite like the finish of the seat pan which looked like a bunch of pressed/sprayed fiber on the inside. Not sure about longevity especially in a very humid climate where mold likes to grow everywhere. On top I don't really understand why it doesn't have the proper form and leaves spaces on the side so you need extra panels. But I guess that's just the flat seats? Unfortunately I couldn't dive into the details because of communication issues as the one guy speaking proper english wasn't there (totally my fault for not speaking fluent Thai, not blaming them). I don't doubt that these guys are pretty good mechanics and their designs are really nice. If it were for the looks then I'm convinced they can deliver. But I'm mostly after comfort and quality and from reviews the Mustang seems to have the upper hand. I'll likely still go to Mugello for some other mods like suspension. Though then again after doing some math, I'll have to check if all this is even worth here as Mustang seat + Andreani kit + YSS shock + booster plug sums up to more than $2k for stuff that should have been decent from the beginning. And the bike already cost nearly $12k. Decisions, decisions...

qed
eisfeld is online now  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 03:43 PM
Member
 
LuisPinzon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
I heard it's a tight fit. Do y'all think it'll work with my taillight set up?




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LuisPinzon is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-05-2016, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for all the input, i tried getting pricing and info from Mugello but got frustrated and stopped trying. I get my Mustang today, maybe i'll try a mugello down the road when they have a proper web shop


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cabritozavala is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 09:23 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisPinzon View Post
I heard it's a tight fit. Do y'all think it'll work with my taillight set up?




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just installed the muatang seat, it is a little tighter but not too bad, second time is easier to put in. Not sure about your lighting setup but based on looks alone it should be ok



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cabritozavala is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2016, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabritozavala View Post
Just installed the muatang seat, it is a little tighter but not too bad, second time is easier to put in. Not sure about your lighting setup but based on looks alone it should be ok



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Mustang**


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cabritozavala is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 08:57 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
mugello vs mustang

I almost went for the Mugello, but ended up with the Mustang - very happy with it,
blows the stock seat out of the water, great for my occasional passenger too.
eisfeld likes this.
kwaichang is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-14-2016, 04:09 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaichang View Post
I almost went for the Mugello, but ended up with the Mustang - very happy with it,
blows the stock seat out of the water, great for my occasional passenger too.
Great! Can you post some pics please? BTW is the comfort for the passenger increased over stock as well? My pillion complains that there's just no space but I guess it wont improve on that aspect.

qed
eisfeld is online now  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome