Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Panniers

23K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  XB12X 
#1 ·
I want to purchase an adventure touring bike....I love the Ducati Srambler , is there any pics of a Scrambler with panniers installed ?

#2 ·
I can't imagine a Scrambler as an "adventure touring" bike! I owned an R1200GS for the last 7 years, and this Scrambler will be a great play bike, but luggage will be pretty limited. The OEM drybags are less than 30 liters combined, and I haven't seen any other options at all, yet.

But the tank range will only be around 150 miles without luggage, and the added wind resistance of bags will reduce that. And big bags, or a strong subframe to support them just don't exist.

#10 ·
Apparently there's already semi-rigid panniers, I've seen them in a french website review of the event in palm springs.
Those are the Full Throttle Side Bags Set, and MSRP on those is £639.50. ($966 US at current conversion rate). OUCH!! :eek:

I will need something for mine as I intend to commute to work on it a bunch, and I take a laptop and a few things with every day. The ones above would probably work well if my laptop would fit in one of them. I'd guess they are somewhat waterproof too, although it don't say that. I would prefer the Urban Enduro Waterproof Side Bags Set since they are also waterproof, but much cheaper. However, I don't dig the green for use on the yellow Icon. They are a more reasonable £255.16 ($385 US at current conversion rate) compared to the FT ones above.

The Classic Side Bags Set would look best on the yellow Icon, but they aren't water proof, so if I was expecting rain, I'd need to use dry bags inside.

I think I might just have to wait and see what aftermarket options come out.

#7 ·
I have to agree with Zeus and Justkip, for me the Scrambler is way too limited to be a good adventure bike. I'm lucky enough to also own a new GS but I really don't see my Scrambler as being capable of some of the stuff I do on the GS.

You don't have to go GS of course, the market is overloaded with good adventure bikes, The Triumphs are good, (my missus rides an 800 Tiger), there's the 800 GS, the Suzuki V-Stroms, (650 and 1000), The Kawasaki Versys, (650 and 1000), the Multistrada, any number of KTM's.

Jerry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.