LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Issues when shifting gears

hi guys

I am having this issue which I am not sure If I am going to explain correctly - I mean I was not really able to find the word that describes the noise I hear - ...

when going to 4th to 5th or 6th, happens mostly when going from 5th to 6th and also I am seeing when going to low gears I think it happens when going from 5th to 4th gear

the issue is I change gears using the shifter as usual then I hear a noise like coming from engine and what I have to do is to shift again to the gear I was intended to go

let's say I mean 5th gear and I shift to 6th gear but I get that noise like I am in 5.5 gear so I have to apply clutch again and shift again to have everything in order

it's like the gear try to shift but it stays engaging and i have to shift again to let it finally engage the gear I want my motorcycle to go

any idea?

thanks a lot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 04:58 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
It sounds like the selector needs adjusting. There are two adjustments possible, both require removal of the alternator cover. Best to take it to your dealer, presumably it is still under warranty anyway.
Karlo likes this.

2015 Scrambler Classic
2010 MTS1200
1994 907ie
1982 Pantah 500SL
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 05:55 AM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Is it a false neutral? E.g. when that happens and it's in gear 5.5 and you rev, does it spin freely? Ducati gearboxes are not the most refined ones and are known for that issue. I encountered it about a dozen times in 2 years of owning the Scrambler. It helps to always shift decisively. If it's not a false neutral, are you feeling the gear lever pulsing/vibrating?
Karlo likes this.

qed

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
It sounds like the selector needs adjusting. There are two adjustments possible, both require removal of the alternator cover. Best to take it to your dealer, presumably it is still under warranty anyway.
yeah I was thinking to taking it to my dealer but since this is my first motorcycle I just wanted to be sure before
if this was normal
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisfeld View Post
Is it a false neutral? E.g. when that happens and it's in gear 5.5 and you rev, does it spin freely? Ducati gearboxes are not the most refined ones and are known for that issue. I encountered it about a dozen times in 2 years of owning the Scrambler. It helps to always shift decisively. If it's not a false neutral, are you feeling the gear lever pulsing/vibrating?
If I don't shift again the engine will continue sound with that metallic sound like the chain is trying to go but it won't

it happens a lot for me

yesterday for example in a 60 km trip It happened like 4 times

I am not sure if it's false neutral does not look like that for me

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page