Ducati Scrambler Kickstand Recall - Ducati Scrambler Forum
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
rterro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Exclamation Ducati Scrambler Kickstand Recall

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/reca...kstand-recall/
rterro is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 04:19 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Boston
Posts: 57
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rterro View Post
Should we expect to receive a post card or something from our dealer?
vibration is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 08:46 PM
Member
 
changohot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Boise Idaho and Portland, Or.
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
So how do you short out or disconnect the (kickstand) switch in a jam?
Thanks
Rod
changohot is offline  
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-31-2016, 04:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Derek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Scotland
Posts: 250
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)

Not a Scrambler but the fix is the same.

2015 Scrambler Classic
2010 MTS1200
1994 907ie
1982 Pantah 500SL
Derek is online now  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 10:35 PM
Scrambler DIY Guru
 
silverluxe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Middle of the USA
Posts: 979
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Garage
I got a recall letter in the mail mentioning it. My dealer is an hour away so I might just call him to see if he'll send me the bolt and nut and I'll do it myself. I looked at the nut and it doesn't look that sketchy to me.
rterro likes this.
silverluxe is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 06:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Glasgow, KY, USA
Posts: 955
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
I tried that at two dealerships silverluxe, no luck. Let us know how it goes for you.

Sarah

2015 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle
greer is online now  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 04:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Motorhead1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 259
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverluxe View Post
I got a recall letter in the mail mentioning it. My dealer is an hour away so I might just call him to see if he'll send me the bolt and nut and I'll do it myself. I looked at the nut and it doesn't look that sketchy to me.
I also received a letter which from its tone made it sound like death or very serious injury was sure to occur if ridden without an immediate repair. Guess it wasn't dangerous until I received the letter? I have the same issue - my dealer in Massachusetts is about 140 miles away, another is over in Vermont at 120 miles away and a third is a bit closer in Massachusetts at 100 miles away. I'll be setting up an appointment with one once I get the wheel chocks mounted on my Triton trailer as the front railing is too low to use as a good wheel stop when tying down. I have also thought about just removing the "offending" bolt and replacing it with a longer one until I am able to get there at my leisure. That may be my preferred course in any event. Thoughts from others?

Tom
Albany, NY

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him" John Viscount Morley c. 1874

Last edited by Motorhead1977; 03-02-2017 at 05:00 PM.
Motorhead1977 is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 04:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Glasgow, KY, USA
Posts: 955
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
That sounds like a plan to me, Tom. No worries about a catastrophe in the meantime. The dealer promises me it is a 30 minute job, at the most.

Sarah

2015 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle
greer is online now  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 04:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Derek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Scotland
Posts: 250
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead1977 View Post
I also received a letter which from its tone made it sound like death or very serious injury was sure to occur if ridden without an immediate repair. Guess it wasn't dangerous until I received the letter? I have the same issue - my dealer in Massachusetts is about 140 miles away, another is over in Vermont at 120 miles away and a third is a bit closer in Massachusetts at 100 miles away. I'll be setting up an appointment with one once I get the wheel chocks mounted on my Triton trailer as the front railing is too low to use as a good wheel stop when tying down. I have also thought about just removing the "offending" bolt and replacing it with a longer one until I am able to get there at my leisure. That may be my preferred course in any event. Thoughts from others?
I'm much the same. The only dealer in Scotland is 100 miles away. I'm buggered if I'm riding all the way there and back just to get a bolt changed. It can wait and I'll keep an eye on it. It would be far easier and cheaper for me to buy a bolt and fit it myself but the recall wouldn't be registered as having been done. But would it matter?

2015 Scrambler Classic
2010 MTS1200
1994 907ie
1982 Pantah 500SL
Derek is online now  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 04:58 AM
Senior Member
 
Tony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
I'm much the same. The only dealer in Scotland is 100 miles away. I'm buggered if I'm riding all the way there and back just to get a bolt changed. It can wait and I'll keep an eye on it. It would be far easier and cheaper for me to buy a bolt and fit it myself but the recall wouldn't be registered as having been done. But would it matter?
I could think of worse than a 100 mile ride through scotland and back again
Tony is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome