Mugello Thailand seat quality ? - Ducati Scrambler Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Mugello Thailand seat quality ?

About to buy a slimline seat and some side panels. Mugello Thailand (FB only) seems to have the best options and though i'm not a huge fan of the side panels, there doesn't seem that many other options out there, to go with a slim line seat.

Anyway my question is, what is the quality of their seats like is it real leather or pleather ?

Looking for real world user comments here please.

Actually if you have one installed, feel free to post some pics so we can all appreciate or raise an eye brow.

How long would delivery to the USA be, if i ordered this week ?

Anyway first and foremost is quality... will it stand the test of time.

Here's my current FT.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-10-2016, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
I've put about 2k on my slim seat, which took about 6-8 weeks to arrive. The leather seems like its decent quality but if the seat gets wet, it stays wet for a while. It must be the foam absorbing the water and not being able to breath or dry quick enough. One thing to note is the slim seat is not as comfortable as the FT seat or the stock icon seat even. More than likely due to less padding. Only minor issue I have seen is the felt backing under the seat, has slightly came unglued, very minor imo.

2015 Yellow Icon
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-11-2016, 03:21 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
I don't own a seat from Mugello but I've visited their garage and seen the seats in person. I didn't like the underside of the pan, kinda looked unfinished to me. Also didn't like that you need sidepanels which don't look especially great to me either and I don't see a good reason for requiring those if the seat pan was designed well. When I asked them about rain and the seat soaking up water they said that doesn't happen and I shouldn't worry. Well, there are a good few owners who report otherwise. I live on a tropical island and weather is unpredictable, rain comes very quickly. So I decided against the Mugello seat. Living in Thailand, I've grown extremely suspicious of locally made things in terms of quality and refinement. That's ok when most things are very cheap but when something made here costs USD $300 then it better be top notch. That's about a monthly salary for people making seats.

If you are in the US, I think Mustang make a pretty good seat for the Scrambler. It also has a water soaking problem but they're open about it and provide a solution (wax I think).

qed

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page