Just had a Termignoni installed and have a question? - Ducati Scrambler Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Just had a Termignoni installed and have a question?

I had a Termignoni fitted yesterday and my fist service and have a couple of questions.

1. Did any of you guys notice a very fast high pitch (maybe metallic) ticking type sound when on the gas? Hard to describe but definitely wasn't there before. I can't figure where it's coming from. Soon as I let of the gas it goes?

2. When I was looking around the exhaust when the engine was running I notice some escaping exhaust gas coming from here (see pic). Only a little bit, but should this be the case? Do you have a little gas escape and should this do any harm? On a car you have a sealed gasket and escaping air is a no no.

3. Last - I assume you all have the whistle with the baffle in right?

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Ducati Scrambler- Full Throttle
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 02:19 PM

Location: Portland, Texas(across the bay from Corpus Christi)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Garage
Several people have had an issue with an internal weld coming apart inside the Termi can and causing a rattle, this sounds like what they complained about.

the leak will most like seal itself after a few more miles. But, I would pull it apart and check for a good fit and seal.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoChief View Post
Several people have had an issue with an internal weld coming apart inside the Termi can and causing a rattle, this sounds like what they complained about.

the leak will most like seal itself after a few more miles. But, I would pull it apart and check for a good fit and seal.

Hi, no it's not the rattle that people have had. It's a much more defined precise, very fast ticking sound. Would they have adjusted the valves or anything in the engine? Sorry, not very mechanical minded, but if it was the exhaust surely it would still make the sound as gasses will be flowing through even when not under load?

Not even sure it's coming from the exhaust. This morning I put the baffle in and I don't think I hear it. Now just the initial chirp on a throttle blip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 Ducati Scrambler- Full Throttle
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 02:32 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
I believe you are experiencing the same metallic ticking sound that I had with the Termi. First I thought the springs on the pipes were creating the sound and exchanged them for Akra ones with rubber encasing. Didn't help. I also had the really annoying whistle when the baffle was in so took the baffle to an exhaust shop and let them cut out the middle pin in there for 5 Euros. That cured both the whistle as well as that other noise. Highly recommended. Such a simple and cheap mod transformed the exhaust from frickin annoying to awesome.

qed
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 07:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
I replaced the springs with the Akra ones and it cleared it up for me. I don't run it with the baffle.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-06-2016, 09:27 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I didn't have a good fit at first attempt.. Pulled it all apart and redone it, and on 2nd attempt it was a good fit. Spray a little WD40 into the joins to help you move things around a little while you're lining everything up.. it'll smoke for a few secs on the first fire up but don't worry about it.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page