LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
problem: engine heat burning inside of my thighs

Hi everybody!

I bought my Urban enduro in July and after my first ride I had to call the Ducati dealer I bought it from and ask them to come with their truck and take it back. The heat from the engine was so hot that I burned the inside of my thighs. And I always ride in leather pants. Before I called the dealer I let the scrambler stand in the garage to cool down. After 2 hours it was still burning hot and the tank was very hot too! Didn't feel so good...

Well, they came and picked it up and after a couple of days they said they had tested it and compared to other Scrambler's but didn't find anything wrong. They suggested that I should change the way I sit on the bike... Well, I have had different motorcycles for the last 35 years and never experienced anything like this. My previous bike was a Ducati monster which I now regret that I sold.

Have anyone else out there had the same problem?

Today again I had to jump of the bike when stopping for 30 seconds because the heat was to much for my legs.

I mean it should be possible to ride a Ducati in warm sunny weather without getting problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2016, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Hello

When I ride slowly in town, the engine heat may become sensible but never to the point where I need to jump out the bike.
A too hot engine may be due to a too poor fuel mix, did your dealer check that the EFI was well working ?
What's the color of the exhausts near the engine ? In the night, do they become red or more ?

VinceLP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 12:38 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
How far away is your dealer? I would ride there and ask them to have a look at the bike while it's hot enough to burn your arse. The only way to make sure they are experiencing what you're experiencing is to experience it together.
MartinSK likes this.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 05:46 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
I've felt the heat for sure, but never to that extent. I agree with Satansfist, back to the dealer you go.

Sarah

2015 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 09:56 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
And don't wear a skirt when you ride.

Ci sono gatti nella mia camera da letto!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2016, 06:17 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
What about a kilt?

soakes
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-26-2016, 11:30 PM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
There may be an engine between your legs. But the Scrambler is very lean stock, which will be hot.

I don't have too much sympathy for those who weren't early adopters of the 1199. A few poor riders came away with burns.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2016, 12:41 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransNone13 View Post
I don't have too much sympathy for those who weren't early adopters of the 1199. A few poor riders came away with burns.
I have the tricolore...before they did the recall and added the heat shield it was a nightmare..now it just gets really really hot unless you are riding the sh*t out of it

*OP: Sorry you are having issues, could you go to the dealer and take a ride on a demo scrambler and compare? In the last 2 months I have put 2K miles on my icon (it has the Termi racing can and up-map) , ridden in jeans and full leathers and have never had a problem and because of my Panigale, it was on my mind. Would be interesting to hear your experience on a different scrambler. I rode my buddies Scrambler prior to buying mine (600 miles <- yea I feel a little guilty), no heat issues at all.

J.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2016, 10:36 PM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsantacruz View Post
I have the tricolore...before they did the recall and added the heat shield it was a nightmare..now it just gets really really hot unless you are riding the sh*t out of it

*OP: Sorry you are having issues, could you go to the dealer and take a ride on a demo scrambler and compare? In the last 2 months I have put 2K miles on my icon (it has the Termi racing can and up-map) , ridden in jeans and full leathers and have never had a problem and because of my Panigale, it was on my mind. Would be interesting to hear your experience on a different scrambler. I rode my buddies Scrambler prior to buying mine (600 miles <- yea I feel a little guilty), no heat issues at all.

J.
I have my '12 as well, I didn't install the engine heat shields. Didn't like not being able to inspect the motor as easily as possible.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page