Ducati Scrambler Forum banner

Ducati Scrambler 1100?

8K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Dflint24 
#1 ·
Ducati has dropped its strongest hint yet that an 1100cc supersize Scrambler could be joining the hugely successful family.

What do you guys think of this?
Ducati plans for supersize Scrambler

Ducati hints 1100cc Scrambler

Speaking at the launch of the Scrambler Sixty2 in Barcelona, project manager Federico Sabbioni told Visordown: 'We've got the engines, there is room to make something bigger. We'll see, we have a number of ideas and we're thinking about it... there is a volcano of ideas.'

Don't get too excited about the prospect of a 200hp Panigale-engined Scrambler on the horizon, instead Sabbioni insisted that any larger displacement would adhere to the Scrambler's philosophy of a two-valve, air-cooled engine.

He said: 'I think we will continue to apply this kind of engine, we have in the past made a number of different displacements of this engine so we have experience and room to do a different version in terms of engine sizing. There's great possibility to stretch the brand with the 800cc engine, then of course there's also the possibility to make the bigger engine.'

#4 ·
Considering the Monster 1100S was only 12 pounds heavier than the Monster 796, I don't necessarily think the larger Scrambler would be that much heavier. Besides it would be much easier to wheelie off road and in urban environments with another 25 horsepower :D

#5 ·
I would love an 1100cc Scrambler. Too bad you can't believe a d@mn thing Ducati throws out to the press though. They're just 'trial balloons' sent to gauge public opinion before they make a decision, just like what politicians do. Maybe we should all contact Ducati though to help make this balloon fly?....I really want one!

#8 ·
Me too...my friends and i already contacted Ducati,our dealer,everyone...
We want the famous 1100cc aircooled engine,like it was in Monster 1100 before Evo.Lets say 85-90 hp and tons of torque.
I also got a mail from Ducati,with questions about the Scrambie,how satisfied you are,ect.
My answer was: Great bike,but give me the 1100ccm >:D

Reactions: ralph
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.