post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 01:51 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Rizoma drag bar riding position?

Hi!
How do you find riding position with with Rizoma drag bar handlebars especially on long rides? I think it's similar to Italia Independent standard bars, much lower even in comparison to Full Throttle bars. I only sat on the Italia Independent at the dealer and I found the position very comfortable for me (I'm 173 cm high). But sitting isn't riding, and I consider changing bars to the one from Rizoma - either low fat bar or even lower drag bar. I ride a lot and I'm trying to find the best compromise between looks and comfort. Thanks for your thoughts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 09:47 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I have heard it is painful installing low drag bar due to limited room. However I have seen people do it. You will have to play around with cables and it will be a tight squeeze for the controls. Not sure about low fat bar.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 10:49 AM

I am looking for a similar riding position. I am curious about Rizoma 1-1/8 Inch Diameter White Tapered Handlebars vs Full Throttle bars. What is the difference?!?

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by belzvon View Post
I am looking for a similar riding position. I am curious about Rizoma 1-1/8 Inch Diameter White Tapered Handlebars vs Full Throttle bars. What is the difference?!?
That's exactly what I'm thinking about I made a comparison between II and FT bars. Rizoma fatbar shoud be somwhere in between, depending on height (it comes in three various sizes, as far as I can remember).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FT_II comparison.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	266.4 KB
ID:	40370  
belzvon likes this.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 01:20 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
2016 FT w/ Rizoma 1 1/8 bars

I have a 2016 FT and went with the Rizoma 1 1/8 bars. I really like them - very well made and very stiff, but still provide a little shock absorption. They are a little lower than the stock FT bars and I find the position perfect. Note that you'll have to either drill holes in the Rizoma bars OR dremel off a couple of tabs on the stock parts that attach to the bars. I did the latter, and I've had NO problems with everything staying secure. I also have the Rizoma Fly Screen and Tach/Speedometer relocate kit, and many, many other mods...
belzvon likes this.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxjalbert View Post
I have a 2016 FT and went with the Rizoma 1 1/8 bars. I really like them - very well made and very stiff, but still provide a little shock absorption. They are a little lower than the stock FT bars and I find the position perfect. Note that you'll have to either drill holes in the Rizoma bars OR dremel off a couple of tabs on the stock parts that attach to the bars. I did the latter, and I've had NO problems with everything staying secure. I also have the Rizoma Fly Screen and Tach/Speedometer relocate kit, and many, many other mods...
Thank you, Max. This is very helpful!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
By any chance can you upload a pic of your bike with the handlebars? I had my bike since 2015 and this is the year I am finally making mods. Wanted to see more parts come out for the bike. Thanks!
jazzndre likes this.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
FT with Rizoma bars

I'm traveling and these are the only pictures I have handy. I can send better ones in a couple of days. You get to see my 2011 Diavel Carbon too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3244.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	306.9 KB
ID:	40386   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3242.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	249.1 KB
ID:	40394  
belzvon and jazzndre like this.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 08:04 AM

Quote:
I'm traveling and these are the only pictures I have handy. I can send better ones in a couple of days. You get to see my 2011 Diavel Carbon too.
I think I like them better than FT too. Thanks for sharing!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Thanks a lot!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page